Xamarin Studio - "waiting for debugger to connect to the ios simulator..."

TedYoungTedYoung USMember ✭✭

I have been using Xamarin Studio fine for a few weeks now, today all of a sudden when I try and run my Xamarin PCL solution the "waiting for debugger to connect to the ios simulator" message starts and the app never loads in the IOS simulator.

Has anyone ever encountered this and have any suggestions on what to try?

Best Answer

Answers

• CrythauCrythau Member

For those trying this a year+ later, the function is

Erase All Content and Settings...

under the Hardware menu in the Simulator (10.0).

• dinobdinob USUniversity ✭✭✭

@JGoldberger said:
    A couple of things to try:

1. Reset the simulator. There is a Reset Content and Settings menu item in the Simulator menu to do this.
    2. Clean and rebuild your project.

And what if you get the same when you try to debug on real iPad device?

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

@dinob

Good question. :-)

Try:

1. Manually start the application by tapping the icon
    2. Deleting the app from the device and redeploying it
    3. Rebooting the device

Also make sure you are on the correct version of XCode. If you are on the latest stable of Xamarin, you need to be on the latest stable release of XCode.

If nothing above resolves the issue, then it would help to get the IDE logs.

IDE Log Files

The Visual Studio (Mac) log files can be found from Help -> Open Log Directory.
    Visual Studio (Windows) log files can be found from Help->Xamarin->Open Logs (or Zip Logs... to get a zip of the log files)

If want one on one help via email, you can open a free Xamarin support case: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/getsupport?wf=0&tenant=classiccommercial&oaspworkflow=start_1.0.0.0&locale=en-us&supportregion=en-us&pesid=16068&forceorigin=esmc&ccsid=636645150473349054

• dinobdinob USUniversity ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    @JGoldberger Thanks.
    Updating XCode resolved issue
  • ankhelborankhelbor Member ✭✭

If you have Android Emulator already installed and still get this error, you can try creating a new Virtual Device in AVD Manager (worked for me).

• ankhelborankhelbor Member ✭✭

@ankhelbor said:
    If you have Android Emulator already installed and still get this error, you can try creating a new Virtual Device in AVD Manager (worked for me).

SnapTube TubeMate Test Dpc

• softlionsoftlion FRBeta ✭✭✭

@ankhelbor Are you on pills ?

@JGoldberger having this issues, nothing in logs

• softlionsoftlion FRBeta ✭✭✭

I changed the debugger port from 1000 to 1001 and now it works fine.