iOS and Android extensions unavailable after install

Hi all,

I have recently had to wipe my windows installation. I have since been trying to re-install visual studio community and xamarin but it is giving me the following problem. When I try opening a xamarin forms project I was working on the Android and iOS projects don't load correctly.

It then prompts me to install the missing packages but nothing is missing.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• MichaelVowlesMichaelVowles USMember ✭✭
    Hi thanks for the reply, There is a reload project option but it does not change anything when clicked.
  • MichaelVowlesMichaelVowles USMember ✭✭

@ClintStLaurent it took a second try for your suggestion to work, thanks! There was a mismatch in installed frameworks vs specified minimum framework.

• RACHIDCHAOUIKIRACHIDCHAOUIKI USMember

hi all
    i have the same problem like you @Michael Vowles , but when i try to reload project it asks me to install missing features.
    i have my android sdk installed inside my D directory (because of luck of space in C ) and i configured the path in xamarin options.All seam to be working good (xamarin installed , android sdk , ndk also)

• mohsad_06mohsad_06 USMember

I have the same problem, seems like it's a false error

• karan78karan78 INMember ✭✭

Go to ‘Uninstall Or Change a Program Window’ {“Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features”}, Find ‘Visual Studio 2015 Tools for Xamarin’ And Repair It.

It Solved My Problem :smile: