Xamarin for Mac performance and lisensing question

Hi,

I am developing c# projects and android apps with java. Now a days, i get a chance to get money from a TV show (H) now i am thinking about, to buy xamarin lisance is a good opportunity or not? Here are my questions;

Is MacBook Air enough development machine (by performance)? i saw there is 4 gigas of ram on it, is it enough for emulating apps?

My second question is; can i use my Xamarin lisance both on my mac and pc?

Thank you,

regards

• KevinMullinsKevinMullins USMember, Beta ✭✭

From my experience, yes... My Mac Book Air was my main Xamarin Studio machine for years and it served me quite well.

• YigitzdemirYigitzdemir TRMember

Thank you @KevinMullins, because in Turkey, its hardly affordable to buy a pro and for a new startup it means hi-risk, also i want to get stability on my machine, so windows doesnt seem good for it.

What about lisensing stuation for multiple computers?

• KevinMullinsKevinMullins USMember, Beta ✭✭

The Xamarin sales team would be much better at answering the licensing question but, if I'm not mistaken, you get a two machine install of each license for one developer. So I can install on my desktop and my laptop...

So my main machine at home is a Mac mini and my on-the-go machine is a mac book air. Both do a great job with Xamarin studio.

• RudaRuda BRUniversity ✭✭

Really the Macbook Air is great to have a SSD HD. Becomes a very fast machine. Will run smoothly.
    The only thing you will regret if you emulate Windows to use Visual Studio. Oh yes it will have a memory problem.

But if you use the Macbook Air and a PC, it'll be quiet.

The license Xamarin only if the Business, which allows you to have installed on 3 machines.