What changes do people make to get their Xamarin.Forms Android version to work well on Amazon Fire?
A few things I have spotted during initial testing are:
(1) the default font is different, including showing some "box" characters where other Android devices do not
(2) the splash screen code that I use on other devices does not display a splash screen on Xamarin Fire
(3) the toolbar makes use of icons, where my other Android devices use text
(4) mapping behavior is quite different (need to investigate further)
(5) no activity found using intent.action.VIEW
(6) the date picker on Amazon Fire has a nice calendar display that I don't see on my other devices
Has anybody spotted any other bits on Amazon Fire?
(I'll post this in both the Xamarin.Forms and Android forums)