Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Invalid resource directory name “font” Xamarin Android

BrunoVTBrunoVT BEUniversity ✭✭

I just upgraded Visual Studio for mac to support Android 8 / api 26. I updated the AppCompat library to 26.1 to use the new font folder in the Resources directory of my Android project. Now when I try to compile I get "Invalid resource directory name" for path "obj/Debug/res/font" APT0000.

For more details see:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47436465/invalid-resource-directory-name-font-xamarin-android

• JonDouglasJonDouglas USXamarin Team, University, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Added comments on Stack Overflow.

• andrekibaandrekiba ITUniversity ✭✭

I have a similar problem that I cannot understand. Following the offficial xamarin android documentation I defined a font family in Resources but I cannot use this family in xml styles.
    No resource identifier found for attribute 'fontWeight' in package...
    It is a Xamarin Forms project that targets only android, compiled with the Android 8.1 SDK
    Where I can find a working example that uses fonts as resources??