Can't open Adrdoid Device Manager after updating the visual studio

I Just updated the visual studio to version 15.7.0 preview 3.0, now when i click on ADM nothing is happening, ahh first i disabled the hyper-v as visual studio suggests while running an emulator.

Best Answers

• BohirBohir TJ ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

The workaround to this is to disable hyper-v then use xamarin android device manager instead of android device manager, link to download the xamarin android device manager, Android device manger is upgraded to xamarin android devic manger in vs 2017 15.7

• BohirBohir TJ ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

if haven't updated the vs to 15.7 u can fix this by wiping all data in emulator and disabling hyper-v, if have not updated the vs, ADM should open without any problem.

Answers

• BohirBohir TJMember ✭✭
    edited April 18

When i run the emulator getting this

• BohirBohir TJMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

The workaround to this is to disable hyper-v then use xamarin android device manager instead of android device manager, link to download the xamarin android device manager, Android device manger is upgraded to xamarin android devic manger in vs 2017 15.7

• BohirBohir TJMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

if haven't updated the vs to 15.7 u can fix this by wiping all data in emulator and disabling hyper-v, if have not updated the vs, ADM should open without any problem.

• BohirBohir TJMember ✭✭

Hey wait @NinaVyedin I guess I've seen you in some Xamarin conference am I right? thank you for your answer.

• montomonto GBMember ✭✭

For me, with the latest VS 15.7 update, the problem was that the Device Manager was unable to find a subfolder avd as in the log below. I created the avd folder manually and it started working. Not sure how such code makes into production that can't create a folder if it does not exist.

[18-09-23 06:53:03.85] --- Device Manager started
    [18-09-23 06:53:04.90] Dispatcher unhandled exception occured
    [18-09-23 06:53:04.94] System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '.android\avd'.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator1.CommonInit() at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
    at System.IO.Abstractions.DirectoryWrapper.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
    at Xamarin.DeviceManager.Common.AvdManager.ReloadAVDsFromDisk(Boolean dontReloadEditingOnes)
    at Xamarin.DeviceManager.MainWindow.<>c__DisplayClass60_0.b__0()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback)
    at Xamarin.DeviceManager.MainWindow.UpdateAvdsAndDeviceDefinitions(Boolean reloadFromDisk, AvdInfo avdToSelect)
    at Xamarin.DeviceManager.MainWindow..ctor()
    at Xamarin.DeviceManager.XamarinAndroidDeviceManagerApplication.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)