StackTrace when debugging shows Unknown identifier: Instance

2»

• TeknomeTeknome CAMember ✭✭

Using Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017 (Test) Version 15.1 (26403.0)

Still have the problem... debuging is a pain... I can't believe still there after what? 3 years?

• PrullebakPrullebak NLMember ✭✭

Same thing here. Debugging in Xamarin Studio on Mac OS not working in most cases..

• gulitskiygulitskiy USMember ✭✭

i found, just use the fully-qualified object name

• ST.7899ST.7899 USMember ✭✭

i have this issue after updating visual studio and xamarin forms ( not sure which one creates the problem )

Fully - qualified name didn't work for me.

Please any workaround ?? i don't want to Re-Install Visual Studio .

• FredyWengerFredyWenger CHInsider ✭✭✭✭✭

@Teknome, @ST.7899

Hi all

I have updated to VS2017 (15.7.5) and .forms 3.1 (from VS2015 and .forms 2.3.x) and now it works!
    The whole environment now generally works better - so I can recommend the update.

Hope this helps somebody...

• ST.7899ST.7899 USMember ✭✭

@FredyWenger

Thanks but i am at Visual Studio 15.8.4 with Latest Xamarin Forms 3.2.0.839982 and to take it further.. i have download and install Visual Studio Preview.. the problem still exists in both versions.

Targeting Android Oreo

Before i was in XF 2.05 or 2.5 (i don't remember exactly ) with Visual Studio 2017 and didn't have any problems

The following link was posted a few days ago.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/334368/unknown-identifier-when-debugging.html

I am thinking to un-install both versions of Visual Studio and reinstall them again. Not sure if this fix the issue.

However i will post my sample code here were i have the issue if anyone can give some help..

Note that before it was running just fine. This happen after the update ( not sure what it causing it. Xamarin or Visual Studio )