Does anyone recognize this error message with Archive?

LJordanLJordan USMember ✭✭

Hi all,

Today, for no reason that I can determine, my Android builds started showing this error below whenever I try to archive them:

Please ensure that you are using a release configuration and that the "Use Shared Mono Runtime" option in your project's build options is unchecked.

I have, of course, ensured that the "Use Shared Runtime" option is unchecked. I am also using the same exact Release configuration that has successfully built and archived for months, including last week.

All that said, does anyone have any suggestions as to what is causing this? I have tried searching, but either this message has never before appeared or my Google Fu is just not up to speed.

Best Answer

• LJordanLJordan US ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

This was answered by Vahid in the SO thread. To ensure that the answer is easy to find, I'll add it here, too.

Though you've already tried many common options, deleting .vs directory can fix some strange and unknown IDE behaviors.

Answers

• LJordanLJordan USMember ✭✭

Also asked on SO. I can't post links yet, but the title is "Xamarin Archive tool - Seemingly normal error but unknown cause"

• LJordanLJordan USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

This was answered by Vahid in the SO thread. To ensure that the answer is easy to find, I'll add it here, too.

Though you've already tried many common options, deleting .vs directory can fix some strange and unknown IDE behaviors.

• Felix.xFelix.x USMember ✭✭