After Migration to .NET Standard Version 2.0: ResolveLibraryProjectImports" task failed unexpectedly

frakafraka TZMember ✭✭

Full Error:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error The "ResolveLibraryProjectImports" task failed unexpectedly.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly 'App1, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken='. Perhaps it doesn't exist in the Mono for Android profile?
File name: 'App1.dll'
at Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil.DirectoryAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference reference, ReaderParameters parameters) in /Users/builder/data/lanes/5809/a7829590/source/monodroid/external/xamarin-android/external/Java.Interop/src/Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil/Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil/DirectoryAssemblyResolver.cs:line 229
at Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil.DirectoryAssemblyResolver.Resolve(String fullName) in /Users/builder/data/lanes/5809/a7829590/source/monodroid/external/xamarin-android/external/Java.Interop/src/Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil/Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil/DirectoryAssemblyResolver.cs:line 169
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveLibraryProjectImports.Extract(DirectoryAssemblyResolver res, ICollection1 jars, ICollection1 resolvedResourceDirectories, ICollection1 resolvedAssetDirectories, ICollection1 resolvedEnvironments)
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveLibraryProjectImports.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.d__26.MoveNext() App1.Android

After migrating to from PCL to .NET Standard, I am now getting the above error message on Android Project. Ofcoz this is one of hundreds of errors I faced after migration. I am using latest version of XF and Visual Studio 2017. I have tried couple of work around with failure; UNLOADING and LOADING Resource folder, clean, deleting obj folders, placing the project on the shortest path possible but nothing has worked.

Any idea on this? Thanks.

Answers

• FredyWengerFredyWenger CHInsider ✭✭✭✭✭

First, you should post such problems in the open forum.
    Second, I don't work with PCL / .net (I work with a shared project).

If you have updated all your SW versions (including any nuget's) and are sure, that all versions match together, I would search in the direction of the Android SDK and/or the Java-SDK...

• MichaelRumplerMichaelRumpler ATMember ✭✭✭✭✭

As Fredy already said, this is a topic for the forum and not a DM to tons of people. It is considered rude to DM so many people with your personal problems.

The error

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly 'App1, ...

means that your Android project references the project App1, but that project could not be compiled. Try to compile only that project and find the real reason for your problem.

• frakafraka TZMember ✭✭

Thanks @FredyWenger and @MichaelRumpler for taking time to comment this thread. However, it's good to simply ignore the message if you feel like you can't comment to it rather than discouraging others. I am sure every one at one point has benefited from existence of some good people out there who take their time to answer questions and comment on threads. No need of frustration. Xamarin is new thing compared to other tools, there are couple issues developers face and these issues should be discussed here. Lastly, I think if you don't want to receive messages then why did you join this forum; unsubscribe. It's better we remain few but helpful to each other; that's only way Xamarin can prosper.

• FredyWengerFredyWenger CHInsider ✭✭✭✭✭

@fraka:
    The private message board is for... private messages… that only one or a few users should see
    The forum is for posting questions / problems like yours, that all users should see (and some of them maybe could help).
    So your posting here in the forum ist the right way, but not to send private messages in addition to about 30 users.
    If you want to note a user explicitly to a forum posting, you can mention the user from the posting (and.... as I can see in your last posting, you know, how to do that :sunglasses:)
    This has absolute nothing to do with "discouraging others" - we all sit in the same boat and have (had) to go this way…
    Michael and me have helped many users here in the forums (every "like" in the profile stands for a useful posting for some other users).