Using Live Player on Android Emulator

When i first tried to run the Live Player on the emulated android device, i got a screen with a green tick and "Paired with Visual Studio" without doing anything. But in my Visual Studio i cannot see the device listed in the Xamarin Live Player Device Manager and also cannot run the application with the "Live Player" option.

I have been searching for a solution but did not find anything related to my problem.
I tried to manually add the device in the "PlayerDeviceList.xml" but i do not have any "SecretCode" from the Live Player in the emulator.

Is there a way to use the Live Player with an emulated android device?

(cannot post links/pictures)

• GVxGVx USMember ✭✭✭

@Tafil said:

Is there a way to use the Live Player with an emulated android device?

Supposedly you can, but like you I have never been able to get it to work...

• AvaceeAvacee GBMember

Visual Studio automatically installs Live Player and pairs with the Android emulator. No pairing code is required and Visual Studio will auto-start/run the Live Player so you do not need to open it manually.

Start the Emulator

In Visual Studio:
    Set your startup project to the Xamarin.Android application project
    Select the running emulator from the available Virtual Devices
    Open a XAML page and click the Live Run button

Credit: SushiHangover on StackExchange (Sorry, can't post the SE link as I'm a newbie)

• ExtremeSwatExtremeSwat USMember ✭✭

@Avacee said:
    Visual Studio automatically installs Live Player and pairs with the Android emulator. No pairing code is required and Visual Studio will auto-start/run the Live Player so you do not need to open it manually.

Start the Emulator

In Visual Studio:
    Set your startup project to the Xamarin.Android application project
    Select the running emulator from the available Virtual Devices
    Open a XAML page and click the Live Run button

Credit: SushiHangover on StackExchange (Sorry, can't post the SE link as I'm a newbie)

Not necessarily, my emulators don't have any Xamarin Live Player installed by default.
    Installing the latest Xamarin Live Player from Google Play works, but it's just as useless since It displays "connected to VS" without any other way of manual configuring..

Mention : I'm on the latest VS17 stable release, Oreo 8.1 with Nexus 5X build from Android Device Manager

• JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Deploying onto emulator or simulator with the live player is not a support scenario at this time.