Ugly updown scroll with Carouselpage on new NavigationPage

KaiWKaiW DEUniversity ✭✭

Hi all,
I am using CarouselPage in my Xamarin Forms App. But I have a problem: On my MainPage, I call the carouselpage with Navigation.PushAsync. If you swipe left right then, it's also possible to "swipe" up and down. I use a scrollview on each page, so swiping within the scrollview is fine, but when you start swiping to the right and keep your finger on the screen, it's also possible to "swipe" up and down, and it looks very ugly. I've made a screencast as it's probably easier to understand there, see NavigationPage.mp4.zip (had to zip because could not upload .mp4 directly).

Here are some images explaining it also a bit:

That's the first page of the carousel.

That's in between swiping from right to left. I still have my finger on the screen, and while swiping from right to left I could also swipe e.g. down so that the white space at the top appears.

The problem only appears when using navigationpage. So in App.xaml.cs, if I use "MainPage = new MyCarousel();", everything works fine. But if I first call another mainpage (which I need to do in my app) like "MainPage = new NavigationPage(new MyMainPage());" and then call the CarouselPage from there the error appears :neutral: I've also attached an example project, see Carousel.zip.

Any idea how to fix this problem? I already use Carouselpage within my app so currently I don't want to test some other carousel plugins if possible.

Many thanks in advance!

Answers

• AndreiMisiukevich_AndreiMisiukevich_ USMember ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Try this view instead of using page (Just create ContentPage with this view as Content)
    https://github.com/AndreiMisiukevich/CardView

• KaiWKaiW DEUniversity ✭✭

Hi Andrei,
    yes, I know your package and I am already trying it :-) But I have some actions on some events, therefore I'd prefer to keep the CarouselPage, but if it's not possible to fix I'll probably switch to your CarouselView. I've already tested and seen that the above described problem does not appear in your plugin :+1:

• AndreiMisiukevich_AndreiMisiukevich_ USMember ✭✭✭✭

As I understand, Xamarin team pushes developers to use any type of CarouselView, and we should think, that CarouselPage is something deprecated. But i can be wrong )

• KaiWKaiW DEUniversity ✭✭

Yes, I also heard of CarouselPage being deprecated somewhere somewhen, but did not find anything about it, also no info on official documentation. I've also read of a new carouselview to be added to official Xamarin Forms but also no closer info there. Therefore I took the current official CarouselPage some months ago.