Listview ItemTapped is not working on Android when I include ContextActions

Hello everyone,

I created a Listview with an ItemTapped event, everything was working fine until I included ContextActions,
apparently, something in the ContextActions makes the ItemTapped not to be activated, the curious thing is that this only happens in the Android version.

This is the code:

<ListView x:Name="AlertList"
                SeparatorColor="#66acc2"       
                HasUnevenRows="True"
                Grid.Row="1"
                BackgroundColor="#333"
                ItemTapped="OnSelectedAlert">
                <ListView.ItemTemplate>
                    <DataTemplate>
                        <ViewCell >
                            <ViewCell.ContextActions>
                                <MenuItem Clicked="OnShareAlert" Text="Share" CommandParameter="{Binding .}" Icon="share.png"/>
                                <MenuItem Clicked="OnNotDisplay" Text="Don't show this" CommandParameter="{Binding .}" Icon="eyeoff.png" IsDestructive="True" />
                            </ViewCell.ContextActions>
                            <Grid ColumnSpacing="2" BackgroundColor="#333">
                                <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                                    <ColumnDefinition Width="Auto"></ColumnDefinition>
                                    <ColumnDefinition Width="*"></ColumnDefinition>
                                    <ColumnDefinition Width="Auto"></ColumnDefinition>
                                </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                                <Grid.RowDefinitions>
                                    <RowDefinition Height="80"></RowDefinition>
                                </Grid.RowDefinitions>
                                <StackLayout Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand">
                                    <Label Text="{Binding Position}" HorizontalOptions="Center" VerticalOptions="CenterAndExpand" FontSize="Large" FontAttributes="Bold" TextColor="#e55962" Margin="5"/>
                                </StackLayout>
                                <StackLayout Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="1" Padding="5" Orientation="Vertical" VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand">
                                    <Label FontSize="Medium" TextColor="White" Text="{Binding Title}" FontAttributes="Bold" VerticalOptions="CenterAndExpand"/>
                                </StackLayout>
                                <StackLayout Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="2" Orientation="Horizontal" VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand">
                                    <Image x:Name="DownloadIcon" Source="download.png" HorizontalOptions="Center" VerticalOptions="Center" Margin="5"/>
                                </StackLayout>
                            </Grid>
                        </ViewCell>
                    </DataTemplate>
                </ListView.ItemTemplate>

I have tried to use ItemSelected but it has the same result.

Xamarin specifications:

• Xamarin.Forms v2.4.0.269-pre2
  • Xamarin.Android.Support Libraries v25.4.0.2

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Jorge.Garcia.CPJorge.Garcia.CP ES ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I have been doing some test and it looks like an issue with the Xamarin.Forms and Xamarin.Android.Support Libraries.
    I have downgraded the app and it's working fine with this version:

• Xamarin.Forms v2.3.4.270 (last stable)
    • Xamarin.Android.Support Libraries v23.3.0

Answers