Unhandled Activation Error after recent update!!!

dfsgfddfsgfd USMember

Hi,

I just did an update and I'm getting Unhandled Activation Error (in xamrin studio) and VS 2010 just crashes when I try to open a project!

Any quick help will be very appreciated.

Thanks!

• dfsgfddfsgfd USMember
    edited November 2013

Details:

System.AggregateException: A Task's exception(s) were not observed either by Waiting on the Task or accessing its Exception property. As a result, the unobserved exception was rethrown by the finalizer thread. ---> System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
       at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
       at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
       at Xwt.FormattedText.<>c__DisplayClass4.<PushSpan>b__3(String name, String val)
       at Xwt.FormattedText.ReadXmlAttributes(String markup, Int32& i, Func`3 callback)
       at Xwt.FormattedText.PushSpan(Stack`1 formatStack, String markup, Int32 textIndex, Int32& i)
       at Xwt.FormattedText.ParseMarkup(String markup)
       at Xwt.FormattedText.FromMarkup(String markup)
       at Xwt.Label.set_Markup(String value)
       at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialogHeader.set_DetailText(String value)
       at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.DisplayWorkflowStep(ActivationWorkflowStep step)
       at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.DisplayWorkflowException(Exception ex)
       at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.<>c__DisplayClass13.<StartSpinnerTaskAndScheduleContinuation>b__12(Task t)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationTaskFromTask.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
       at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
       at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
       at Xwt.FormattedText.<>c__DisplayClass4.<PushSpan>b__3(String name, String val)
       at Xwt.FormattedText.ReadXmlAttributes(String markup, Int32& i, Func`3 callback)
       at Xwt.FormattedText.PushSpan(Stack`1 formatStack, String markup, Int32 textIndex, Int32& i)
       at Xwt.FormattedText.ParseMarkup(String markup)
       at Xwt.FormattedText.FromMarkup(String markup)
       at Xwt.Label.set_Markup(String value)
       at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialogHeader.set_DetailText(String value)
       at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.DisplayWorkflowStep(ActivationWorkflowStep step)
       at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.DisplayWorkflowException(Exception ex)
       at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.<>c__DisplayClass13.<StartSpinnerTaskAndScheduleContinuation>b__12(Task t)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationTaskFromTask.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

• BillReissBillReiss USMember

I'm getting something similar, Xamarin Studio activates but VS2012 or 2013 gives me this:

Xamarin.Components.Ide.ApiClients.ActivationException: Missing data.
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationService.GetErrorWorkflow(LicenseSyncResult[] results, Boolean ignoreSyncErrors)
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationService.d__8a.MoveNext()
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.<>c__DisplayClass13.b__12(Task t)

• Similar unhandled activation error, using Xamarin Studio.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.ErrorBody..ctor(Exception error)
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.<>c__DisplayClass13.b__12(Task t)

• Also getting a similar thing:

at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationService.GetErrorWorkflow(LicenseSyncResult[] results, Boolean ignoreSyncErrors)

• Michael.4451Michael.4451 USMember, University

The same to me , please fixed it as soon as possible

• zcodev.4243zcodev.4243 USMember

What is this Error ?

It is happening in Visual Studio 2012.

Please Fix it ASAP.

• Any ideas how to roll back? Is it related to a specific license version or all versions having this problem? My guess is that "Missing data" means the server response isn't correct?

• HirokiMurasawaHirokiMurasawa JPMember
    edited November 2013

We were also troubled by the same problem on the PC two in Visual Studio 2012.

However, I am working properly now.

Re install.
    Create new android project.
    Activation.
    Reload project.
    Load exist project.
    No problem. Can use xamarin.

However, I do not know what is the problem.

• I am also receiving a similar error, but with the following stack trace:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.ErrorBody..ctor(Exception error)
    at Xamarin.Components.Ide.Activation.ActivationDialog.HandleWorkflowAction(ActivationWorkflowAction action)

• Same issue for me using both VS 2013 and Xamarin Studio.

• LukasMolLukasMol USMember

XamarinStudio is not starting and I'm not able to log in to my account within VS 2013.

• rogiheerogihee NLMember ✭✭✭

Yup, same problem here!

• RichWRichW USMember

Say Hello to the new subscription enforcement function...

• GouriKumariGouriKumari USXamarin Team Xamurai

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Xamarin!

I’m sorry to hear that you are running into an error with the latest update of the software in Visual Studio. This error seems to be caused by only one of the two extensions updating properly.

You can get information about which versions of the extensions are installed by navigating to Visual Studio->Tools->Extensions and Updates. The stable versions are 1.8.361 for Xamarin.iOS for VS, and 4.10.1.68 for Xamarin.Android.

Here are direct links to the stable builds:

Xamarin.iOS for Visual Studio 1.8: http://download.xamarin.com/MonoTouchforVisualStudio/Windows/Xamarin.iOS_Setup-1.8.361.0_signed.msi

Xamarin.Android 4.10.1 - http://download.xamarin.com/MonoforAndroid/Windows/mono-android-4.10.01068_signed.msi

If your issue is not resolved by completing the failed update, please let us know, we'd like to get you up and running as soon as possible!

I apologize again for any delay in development this error might have caused and please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best,
    Gouri

• It is NOT working. Just tried updating both Android and iOS with no fix.

• GouriKumariGouriKumari USXamarin Team Xamurai

I am sorry that it didn't fix your issue. Could you please contact [email protected] with info regarding the issue you are facing after update, version info of xamarin products and stack trace if any.

I apologize again for the inconvenience caused.

Best,
    Gouri

• TerryONeillTerryONeill CAMember ✭✭

Apparently for Xamarin "stable" means it crashes everything the first time you run it. I have the same problem and am dead in the water right now.

• Was able to get everything working again by uninstalling/reinstalling.

• TyRuckerTyRucker USMember

Problem here too.