Are there any new Xamarin books planned by MS?

ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

The @CharlesPetzold.4997 book is wonderful.
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/microsoft_press/2016/03/31/free-ebook-creating-mobile-apps-with-xamarin-forms/

It is also still version 1 from 2016.
I was wondering if anyone knew about plans for an update, or if there are any up-to-date books from Microsoft on the roadmap.
Or maybe a blog/page someplace letting folks know what is in the works.

Answers

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod
    edited August 2018

Tagging @DavidOrtinau

I'd probably be up to proofreading if there's anything in the pipeline, ideally beyond beginner level.

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @ClintStLaurent said:
    > The @CharlesPetzold.4997 book is wonderful.
    > https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/microsoft_press/2016/03/31/free-ebook-creating-mobile-apps-with-xamarin-forms/
    >
    > It is also still version 1 from 2016.
    > I was wondering if anyone knew about plans for an update, or if there are any up-to-date books from Microsoft on the roadmap.
    > Or maybe a blog/page someplace letting folks know what is in the works.

I think you could write your own
  • JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod
    edited August 2018

@AlessandroCaliaro said:

Even though XF has reached the magic Microsoft version number 3.1 at which things normally become stable, it's still too much a moving target IMHO for people outside Microsoft to be investing time in authoring books beyond beginner level. Microsoft staffers on the other hand, who have the benefit of insider knowledge re. strategy and roadmaps... :-)

That's even more true when including integration with MS Azure, which is also a fast-moving target.

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlessandroCaliaro said:

I appreciate the vote of confidence... But I don't have the time, nor inclination. I can't even find time to keep my own blog up to date.

Besides, I don't have the insider information needed for such an endeavor.