Is there any plans to port the new MaterialDesignComponents to Xamarin ?

meepoumeepou FRMember ✭✭
edited July 2018 in Xamarin.iOS

With Google I/O 18 Google introduced their new MDC Libraries (https://github.com/material-components)

• Android
  • iOS
  • Flutter
  • Web
  • React

It would be great to have a Xamarin version, do you know if there is one, if not is it planned by the Xamarin team ?

Thanks,

Best Answers

Answers

• meepoumeepou FRMember ✭✭

@JGoldberger thank you for your response. Yes I know about android since i’m using it. Good to know that you guys are working on an iOS version :)

• Hi !
    I think is relative to the post, so I ask here.

How can I use material style with material component ? For exemple, with the TextInputLayout I want the OutlineBox look. Material doc say I need to apply this style "@style/Widget.MaterialComponents.TextInputLayout.OutlinedBox" but it doesn't exist.

• meepoumeepou FRMember ✭✭
    edited August 2018

@NicolasFournier I think the issue you're facing is on Android isn't it ? You are in the iOS forum. You should create your own thread.

Make sure to use the latest version of the support libraries (you need to target android 8.1 in your manifest in order to update the support libraries) to have the latest features

• @meepou

Wow, your right ! I doesn't see I am in iOS forum. I will create my own thread :smile: