AOT compilation problem

RogisterAlainRogisterAlain BEBeta ✭✭✭

I have a problem when I compile my project with the AOT option on my iMac and not on my MacBook with the same project.

On my iMac, I worked last year with a BETA version of xCode and in the error messages, I see xCode-beta when I do not use that anymore. I only have the problem with the AOT compilation.

What should I do ?

Alain

/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/xcrun: Error: active developer path ("/Applications/XCode-beta.app/Contents/Developer") does not exist (MedinectMACOSX)
/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/xcrun: Error: active developer path ("/Applications/XCode-beta.app/Contents/Developer") does not exist (MedinectMACOSX)
/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/MMP: Error MM3001: Could not AOT the assembly '/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/bin/Release/Medinect.app/Contents/MonoBundle/I18N.West.dll' (MM3001) (MedinectMACOSX)
/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/MMP: Error MM3001: Could not AOT the assembly '/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/bin/Release/Medinect.app/Contents/MonoBundle/Newtonsoft.Json.dll' (MM3001) (MedinectMACOSX)
/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/MMP: Error MM3001: Could not AOT the assembly '/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/bin/Release/Medinect.app/Contents/MonoBundle/System.Transactions.dll' (MM3001) (MedinectMACOSX)
/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/MMP: Error MM3001: Could not AOT the assembly '/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/bin/Release/Medinect.app/Contents/MonoBundle/System.Numerics.dll' (MM3001) (MedinectMACOSX)
/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/MMP: Error MM3001: Could not AOT the assembly '/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/bin/Release/Medinect.app/Contents/MonoBundle/BouncyCastle.CryptoExt.dll' (MM3001) (MedinectMACOSX)
/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/MMP: Error MM3001: Could not AOT the assembly '/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/bin/Release/Medinect.app/Contents/MonoBundle/StructuresLib.dll' (MM3001) (MedinectMACOSX)
/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/MMP: Error MM3001: Could not AOT the assembly '/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/bin/Release/Medinect.app/Contents/MonoBundle/Rebex.Common.dll' (MM3001) (MedinectMACOSX)
/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/MMP: Error MM3001: Could not AOT the assembly '/Users/MacROGISTER/Projects/MedinectIOSMACOS/MedinectMACOSX/bin/Release/Medinect.app/Contents/MonoBundle/Medinect.exe' (MM3001) (MedinectMACOSX)

Best Answer

Answers

• ChrisHamonsChrisHamons USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

That error is common when you have a different Xcode selected via xcode-select and inside Visual Studio for Mac's options, or when the path selected no longer exists.

I would check both and confirm with what's on disk.

• RogisterAlainRogisterAlain BEBeta ✭✭✭

In Visual Studio preferences, I have:

/Applications/Xcode.app

and not Xcode-beta.

I used this last year with BETA from IOS 11 and MACOS. I deleted the directory since I no longer use this but no reference in Visual Studio to that.

• ChrisHamonsChrisHamons USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

What does xcode-select -p show?

Last login: Tue Jul 31 15:02:17 on ttys000
    imac-de-alain:~ MacROGISTER$ xcode-select -p
    /Applications/XCode-beta.app/Contents/Developer
    imac-de-alain:~ MacROGISTER$

OK ! That's fine now.

Thanks