distribution Application Loader errors

GerryHGerryH USMember ✭✭✭

anyone know what these errors mean? These icons are not missing, I used the Visual Studio App Icon thing to add all the necessary icons.

btw, what is the "best" documentation for iOS distribution, everything I have seen is at least somewhat out of date. Apple is constantly changing their UIs and procedures...

Best Answers

• GerryHGerryH US ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018 Accepted Answer

This helped: in visual studio on the Mac (don't know if it has to be on the Mac) I opened the Info.plist file, and looked at the App Icons section. It said "Migrate" or something, so I changed it to select "AppIcons". That fixed the 90023 errors.

Now App Loader is complaining about my App Store Icon, saying it is transparent/alpha channel. I think I can fix this by saving the png as a bitmap then saving the bitmap as a png.

Answers

• GerryHGerryH USMember ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

I built on Visual Studio on Mac. Same problem exactly. I double checked the icons, don't see a problem at all.

[Fix the UDP problem: somebody on stack overflow said to enable only DAV in application loaders preferences.]

edited July 2018 Accepted Answer

This helped: in visual studio on the Mac (don't know if it has to be on the Mac) I opened the Info.plist file, and looked at the App Icons section. It said "Migrate" or something, so I changed it to select "AppIcons". That fixed the 90023 errors.

Now App Loader is complaining about my App Store Icon, saying it is transparent/alpha channel. I think I can fix this by saving the png as a bitmap then saving the bitmap as a png.

It seemed like the Application Loader worked. There is no build showing in "iTunes Connect" :(

• Eric_LiraEric_Lira USMember ✭✭✭

Just wait.

You will receive an email from Apple saying if they approved your app or not.

I had to go through this process several times until they finally approved. Even things like "your icon resemble an iPhone" is a reason for them to reject your app.

edited July 2018

I am just adding this text to this page for the benefit of search engines (since I originally used an image, not so search engine friendly):

ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '76x76' pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."