Introduction to tvOS

BytesGuyBytesGuy GBXamarin Team Xamurai

Bring your apps to the big screen with Xamarin and tvOS!

Read the blog post here and discuss below!

Posts

  • TroyDawsonTroyDawson USMember ✭✭

    any update on Visual Studio Mac connecting to the Apple TV 4k . . . kinda blocked here :(

  • LuiginoDeTogniLuiginoDeTogni USMember ✭✭

    @BytesGuy said:
    Bring your apps to the big screen with Xamarin and tvOS!

    Read the blog post here and discuss below!

    Nice post!
    I wrote a sample playback app ported from official apple documentation (from Swift code)
    https://github.com/lewixlabs/TvOS-PlayBack-Sample-App
    Maybe somebody can find it usefull :)

    @BytesGuy i'm waiting for a tutorial with TVML UI, thank you!

  • BytesGuyBytesGuy GBXamarin Team Xamurai

    @TroyDawson said:
    any update on Visual Studio Mac connecting to the Apple TV 4k . . . kinda blocked here :(

    Unfortunately I don't have an ETA for this, sorry! I think the best thing you can do for now is to install .ipa files via the Xcode devices window. This does of course lack debugging which would have to be done in the simulator.

    Quite why Apple removed the USB-C port on the AppleTV 4K is a bit of a mystery!

    @LuiginoDeTogni said:

    @BytesGuy said:
    Bring your apps to the big screen with Xamarin and tvOS!

    Read the blog post here and discuss below!

    Nice post!
    I wrote a sample playback app ported from official apple documentation (from Swift code)
    https://github.com/lewixlabs/TvOS-PlayBack-Sample-App
    Maybe somebody can find it usefull :)

    @BytesGuy i'm waiting for a tutorial with TVML UI, thank you!

    Nice work, thanks for contributing to the community!

  • hadihashemhadihashem Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

    Hello @BytesGuy
    Obviously UIWebView is officially not available for tvOS
    Some developers were able however to enable the WebView on tvOS by editing the file Availability.h :
    h-t-t-p-s://github.com/steventroughtonsmith/tvOSBrowser
    Is it technically possible to use the same approach within Xamarin on some kind of UIWebView.h?
    If yes, where is it located?
    Thank you for your feedback

Sign In or Register to comment.