Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

The app has been removed from Google Play because it violates our personal and sensitive information

AndreiMisiukevich_AndreiMisiukevich_ USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi All
Today I faced with next issue (I received email from google team). Our app has been removed from Google Play regarding to violation of policy

The first point of message is below

Read through the Personal and Sensitive Information article and make the necessary changes to your app.
Your app is uploading users' installed packages information to https://xaapi.xamarin.com/api/collected?apikey without a prominent disclosure. Prior to the collection and transmission, it must prominently highlight how the user data will be used, describe the type of data being collected and have the user provide affirmative consent for such use.

But we don't send this info directly to this endpoint.. Also this app doesn't have AppCenter/Insights installed

The app has got HockeyApp package installed, BUT it isn't initialized (We don't call HockeyApp.Android.CrashManager.Register!)

So, the question is "How to fix it, and why xamarin collect any information without my acceptance?

Thanks

Best Answer

• AndreiMisiukevich_AndreiMisiukevich_ USMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Ok, we figured out with this issue.
    I don't know why, but Google validated old build, where was Xamarin Insights..
    So, this link belongs to Insights deprecated api.
    We tried to create a new build..

Answers

• BillyLiuBillyLiu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited July 2018

@AndreiMisiukevich_

So, the question is "How to fix it, and why xamarin collect any information without my acceptance?

The https://xaapi.xamarin.com/api/collected?apikey is not a Xamarin official link. Xamarin won't collect any customer's private information without customer's acceptance. Do you use any other third-party plugin or package? I think this issue is due to them. You could create a blank project to check does the same thing happen.

• AndreiMisiukevich_AndreiMisiukevich_ USMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Ok, we figured out with this issue.
    I don't know why, but Google validated old build, where was Xamarin Insights..
    So, this link belongs to Insights deprecated api.
    We tried to create a new build..