Could not retrieve SSH fingerprint. Make sure that Mac is reachable and remote login is enabled.

AliRaza.5445AliRaza.5445 ✭✭✭PKMember ✭✭✭

I am trying to connect to MAC Build host from visual studio but when i press connect button, above error is shown (same as title of this question).When i try to ping to Mac's IP Address from windows cmd.exe, it says that "request timed out" and all the sent packets are lost.Please spend a few minutes reading following log file and provide me with your precious suggestions to fix it.Thanks

Xamarin.VisualStudio.TastyPackage|Information|0|Hooked up SDB tracing adapter
Xamarin.VisualStudio.TastyPackage|Information|0|Initialization finished
Xamarin|Information|0|Xamarin - 4.4.0.34-d15-1+3f99c5a
Xamarin.VisualStudio.Activation.AccountManager|Information|0|VS2015 Enterprise
Xamarin.VisualStudio.ActivationManager|Information|0|No license found for iOS
Xamarin.VisualStudio.ActivationManager|Information|0|Running license sync for iOS
Xamarin.VisualStudio.ActivationManager|Information|0|No license found for Android
Xamarin.VisualStudio.ActivationManager|Information|0|Running license sync for Android
Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.XamarinIOSPackage|Warning|0|Initializing Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.XamarinIOSPackage.
Xamarin.VisualStudio.ActivationManager|Information|0|Updated license: iOS VSEnterprise
Xamarin.VisualStudio.ActivationManager|Information|0|Updated license: Android VSEnterprise
Xamarin.VisualStudio.Android.XamarinAndroidPackage|Warning|0|Initializing Xamarin.VisualStudio.Android.XamarinAndroidPackage
Xamarin.VisualStudio.ProjectFixerRunner|Information|0|Solution loaded: 'PasswordResetModule'
Xamarin.VisualStudio.ProjectFixerRunner|Information|0|running fixup on project 'C:\Users\Ali Raza\Desktop\Xamarin Assets\PasswordResetModule\PasswordResetModule\PasswordResetModule.Android\PasswordResetModule.Android.csproj'
Xamarin.VisualStudio.ProjectFixerRunner|Information|0|running fixup on project 'C:\Users\Ali Raza\Desktop\Xamarin Assets\PasswordResetModule\PasswordResetModule\PasswordResetModule.iOS\PasswordResetModule.iOS.csproj'
Xamarin.VisualStudio.Remote.RemoteServer|Error|0|Could not retrieve fingerprint.
System.OperationCanceledException: Could not retrieve fingerprint. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
at Renci.SshNet.Abstractions.SocketAbstraction.Connect(IPEndPoint remoteEndpoint, TimeSpan connectTimeout)
at Renci.SshNet.Session.SocketConnect(String host, Int32 port)
at Renci.SshNet.Session.Connect()
at Renci.SshNet.BaseClient.Connect()
at Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.SshFingerprintRetriever.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.b__1() in C:\d\lanes\4471\3f99c5a7\source\xamarinvs\src\Messaging\Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh\SshFingerprintRetriever.cs:line 47
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh.SshFingerprintRetriever.d__0.MoveNext() in C:\d\lanes\4471\3f99c5a7\source\xamarinvs\src\Messaging\Xamarin.Messaging.Ssh\SshFingerprintRetriever.cs:line 24
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Xamarin.VisualStudio.Remote.FingerprintRetriever.d__2.MoveNext() in C:\d\lanes\4471\3f99c5a7\source\xamarinvs\src\Core\Xamarin.VisualStudio.Remote\FingerprintRetriever.cs:line 20
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

Best Answers

• AliRaza.5445AliRaza.5445 ✭✭✭ PK ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Awesome #Rizwan3D it worked for me. Thanks

Answers

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger Xamurai USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

@AliRaza.5445 said:
    ...When i try to ping to Mac's IP Address from windows cmd.exe, it says that "request timed out" and all the sent packets are lost.

This would seem to indicate that your Mac is not reachable from your windows machine. Are they on the same network?

• AliRaza.5445AliRaza.5445 ✭✭✭ PKMember ✭✭✭

I am running MAC OS in virtual machine and both are sharing same wifi network. I can browse on mac using the same wifi. I tried changing the original mac's IP to a fake one (just a random IP) and provided it to xamarin mac agent and I got the same error in log file which means that Error is encountered even before verifying the IP address of the mac. I 'll highly appreciate if you can help me to get rid of this problem?

• AliRaza.5445AliRaza.5445 ✭✭✭ PKMember ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Awesome #Rizwan3D it worked for me. Thanks

• ganesh123ganesh123 Member

One of the reason is: Your device and mac are in different different network i.e Conform both the devices are using the same wifi

• JassimRahmaJassimRahma ✭✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭✭

@rizwan3d said:
    If you are running Mac OS on vmware make you network setting to bridge or Private Network between guest and host.
    by default setting is is NAT which Share your ip with guest that's make problem because guest and and host has same ip it try to connect with host not to guest.
    if you are on LAN set setting to bridge it connect guest direct to network or if you are using wifi select Private Network between guest and host to make a virtual network between guest and host.

I am connected to WiFi at home and my Mac is at work connected to LAN but I am getting:

Could not retrieve SSH fingerprint. Please ensure the host is reachable and remote login is enabled.