Infinite scrolling without a listview?

NeebzNeebz Member ✭✭

Hi, so I am currently making an app, in which there is a feature for scrolling through products, listed in a way as to remseble the looks of an app store or the like. I couldn't find a way to do this with a listview, so I went with doing it using a flexlayout, wrapped in a scrollview, and then simply adding the elements in a foreach loop on the page's codebehind.

My problem here is now that I don't know how I will update the list, when the user reaches the bottom of the scrollview. Is there some way you can get notified when the scrollview reaches the bottom or is there another way I should do it?

Best Answer

Answers

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Neebz said:
    Hi, so I am currently making an app, in which there is a feature for scrolling through products, listed in a way as to remseble the looks of an app store or the like. I couldn't find a way to do this with a listview, so I went with doing it using a flexlayout, wrapped in a scrollview, and then simply adding the elements in a foreach loop on the page's codebehind.

My problem here is now that I don't know how I will update the list, when the user reaches the bottom of the scrollview. Is there some way you can get notified when the scrollview reaches the bottom or is there another way I should do it?

Can you provide an example of the layout you want? ListView has cell virtualization, otherwise you would be looking at creating everything in memory which just wont scale.

• NeebzNeebz Member ✭✭

Basicly what I'm going for is a setup that looks like a grid, which is scrollable. Image app store or google play store, where there are number of products aligned horizontally and they scroll vertically, and when you reach the bottom, it loads the next ones in the list.

• NeebzNeebz Member ✭✭

@seanyda said:
    FlowListView is a solution I've used before this too, which works nicely

That looks pretty awesome actually, with the ability to add any view and have it in a grid like fashion is actually just what I'm looking for! I will try and implement it, but just to be sure, there are no copyrights I have to consider using this in a commercial application?

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

@Neebz said:

@seanyda said:
    FlowListView is a solution I've used before this too, which works nicely

That looks pretty awesome actually, with the ability to add any view and have it in a grid like fashion is actually just what I'm looking for! I will try and implement it, but just to be sure, there are no copyrights I have to consider using this in a commercial application?

You should be ok. It's distributed under the Apache License which is ok for commercial use.
    https://github.com/daniel-luberda/DLToolkit.Forms.Controls/blob/master/LICENSE