Application not deploying on android 8.0 physical device

Hi everybody,
Since last week I have been trying to fix a problem with deploying my xamarin application to my Oneplus 3t which updated to android oreo. The warnings I get when I try to deploy the application to my physical device are:

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/5.4.1/lib/mono/msbuild/15.0/bin/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2003,5): warning MSB3277: Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly that could not be resolved. These reference conflicts are listed in the build log when log verbosity is set to detailed.
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(2424,2): warning : No -tsa or -tsacert is provided and this jar is not timestamped. Without a timestamp, users may not be able to validate this jar after the signer certificate's expiration date (2047-10-24) or after any future revocation date.
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.Debugging.targets(514,2): error : Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS: Attempt to re-install Mono.Android.DebugRuntime without first uninstalling.]

I am trying to deploy it to my device so I can try out a new share function which I can't use on the emulator. I think the problem has something to do with a wrong version of the mono framework on my phone but I do not know how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• K.WestermanK.Westerman US
    Accepted Answer

I found what the problem was and how to fix it. You need to disable the mono settings in the options of the android part of your project to fix it. After this you need to remove the app from your phone and you can debug your app again.

It is a known bug with the oneplus phones.
    The answer and bug report can be found if you google:
    Attempt to re-install Mono.Android.DebugRuntime without first uninstalling.

Answers

• contrix09contrix09 PHMember

This happened to me. If you have a previously installed a different version of your application, try to uninstall it completely using your phone's application manager. There may be remnant DLLs (like the one in the error message) that are conflicting with your new application.

• K.WestermanK.Westerman USMember
    Accepted Answer

I found what the problem was and how to fix it. You need to disable the mono settings in the options of the android part of your project to fix it. After this you need to remove the app from your phone and you can debug your app again.

• ronflominronflomin Member

@K.Westerman said:

Hi, I need you help.
    I've been trying the last few hours to find a solution but haven't.
    I have OnePlus 3(Oreo), I removed the app, but still getting the error.
    I'm not sure I reached the mono settings, where are they?

• apicquotapicquot Member ✭✭

I had the same issue. my app was installed on 2 different android users. I removed the second user that probably completed a full removal of the app on the phone. I could deploy the app afterwards