Useful chart libary for Xamarin

jgartnerjgartner Member ✭✭

I am looking for a way to build a crossplatform app wich shows some data in beautiful diagrams. But until now I haven't found anyting that really suits my needs.

• Google Charts isn't supported anymore and on mobile it's very slow
  • Syncfusion Charts for Xamarin don't support DataBinding so unless your data is static it's pretty useless. But fast nevertheless
  • Fusioncharts would work but because it's based in a WebView it's rendering speed is - like Google Charts - very slow

So if you have any suggestions on how i can make charts with changing input data with Xamarin, and where I can scroll and zoom through the chart I would be very thankful :)

Answers

• PrabakaranRamasamyPrabakaranRamasamy USMember ✭✭✭

The Syncfusion chart for Xamarin supports data binding and dynamic update of data, and you can also zoom and scroll through the chart.

User guide of chart: https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/sfchart/getting-started

You can also download our sample browser app from Google Play or the iOS App Store to explore the all the samples.

Note: By default, the chart will be not refreshed if you update the value of any property in your model even it implements INotifyPropertyChanged, but you configure in chart to listen the property change by setting the ListenPropertyChange property of ChartSeries to true.

Note: I work for Syncfusion

• jgartnerjgartner Member ✭✭

Thanks for your quick response. But I already tried syncfusion and it didn't work. Maybe because of the Xamarin Live player where I've tested it on. Could that be the case? But I really like your product, and I hope I get it to work :)

• PrabakaranRamasamyPrabakaranRamasamy USMember ✭✭✭

Yes, that is the problem. Custom Controls with Custom Bindable Properties are not supported in live player yet. Please refer the limitations of Xamarin live player from following guide.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/tools/live-player/limitations?tabs=android#xamarinforms

You can try the Xamarin live reload feature which was introduced in the build conference of this year. It works with custom controls as well. Please refer the following user guide to configure the live reload.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/xamarin-forms/xaml/live-reload

• ManojkumarMaliManojkumarMali USMember ✭✭✭

Hi @jgartner , If you are looking for xamarin.forms chart implementation then this will really help you.

• SebastianSeidel.9226SebastianSeidel.9226 DEInsider, University ✭✭✭✭

You have multiple options to work with:

• OxyPlot
    • SyncFusion
    • FusionCharts
    • MicroCharts
    • ShinobiControls

Each of them has its pros and cons that weights in more or less on your usecases.

• StephenHoskingStephenHosking AUMember

A vote for OxyPlot. I needed a quick, easy-to use, free chart solution and OxyPlot did the job. It had detailed instructions for Xamarin, with sample code, and worked first time.

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Syncfusion doesnt use skiasharp and it is quite lightweight in terms of size but i cant compare regarding performance.

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@StephenHosking said:
    A vote for OxyPlot. I needed a quick, easy-to use, free chart solution and OxyPlot did the job. It had detailed instructions for Xamarin, with sample code, and worked first time.

did you check how much it increases your app size?

• exendahalexendahal Member ✭✭

I have been working with MicroCharts, and they give satisfactory results.