Forum Xamarin.Forms

Hamburger menu disappear in iOS

MagnvmMagnvm USMember ✭✭✭

Hi xamarin forum,
can I get a little helping hand here after searching google for the answer I think im on the edge now.. in my app I use hamburger menu upon initial loading my hamburger icon was shown on the top left most part of the screen but when I access another page that is listed on my masterdetail page menu my hamburger icon disappears while in my android device my hamburger icon is being shown and even how many times I tapped on my menu the hamburger icon is still there only in my iOS have a problem

Answers

• ArindamSarkarArindamSarkar Member ✭✭

@Magnvm , could you please share how you have added Hamburger menu, via Master page or some other way. And also share code how you are navigating. Sharing workable code sample through Git will also help.

• MagnvmMagnvm USMember ✭✭✭

@ArindamSarkar my program flow is like this upon starting the login page will be seen then after login sucessfully masterdetailpage page will show up then of course initial load I can see the hamburger menu but upon tapping the the hamburger menu to show the menu and tapping on a menu lets say I tapped on Contact menu I will be directed to the Contact menu but the hamburger menu is gone even if I switch back to Home page unless I restarted my app then I will then see the hamburger menu icon, I wish I can share the code but I learned my lesson when sharing my code here in forum because during my first month somebody ask me the same to share my code and even asked me to zip it so I did but he never reply me back

• ArindamSarkarArindamSarkar Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

@Magnvm in my opinion, when you navigate to Contact menu, you are not navigating properly, may be using new Navigation page instead of First Nav Page with Master Details page. It happens lot if using Prism. if can share the line of code while you navigate for Contact menu may help.