AppCenter push. Unable to receive offline/app closed messages ++

KakeKake USMember ✭✭
edited June 2018 in Xamarin.Android

We have started using the AppCenter push messaging. Have used the tutorial: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/appcenter/sdk/push/android
Works fine when the app is running in the foreground.
Two issues:
1. Messages received when app is closed is not “registered” by the app. The app center responds with “202 Accepted”.
2. The AppCenter registration and event receiver is located in the splash activity OnStart()
Push.PushNotificationReceived += (sender, e) =>{…}
We are unable to show a dialog during the splash activity. (works fine when app is started.)

Best Answer

• KakeKake US ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@JGoldberger I did..

Hi, thank you for reaching out!
    The SDK stores up to 300 logs in storage when the app is offline and sends these logs to App Center when connectivity is restored but this refers to the Analytics SDK.
    For push messages, the app will need to have connectivity to receive the message.

So I guess the short answer on my question is no.

Long answer:
    1. By using unique message id's we could make the app respond witch messages it has received and retry send messages when app is online...
    2. Create a background service for the app wish is "always" running.

We selected to create a simple pull from the app to a message que..

Answers

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

@Kake

If still experiencing this issue, I suggest you reach out to App Center support.

• KakeKake USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@JGoldberger I did..

Hi, thank you for reaching out!
    The SDK stores up to 300 logs in storage when the app is offline and sends these logs to App Center when connectivity is restored but this refers to the Analytics SDK.
    For push messages, the app will need to have connectivity to receive the message.

So I guess the short answer on my question is no.

Long answer:
    1. By using unique message id's we could make the app respond witch messages it has received and retry send messages when app is online...
    2. Create a background service for the app wish is "always" running.

We selected to create a simple pull from the app to a message que..

• Angelru9Angelru9 ESMember ✭✭✭

@Kake

Can you could receive notification with app center when your app is closed? as??