Failed to resolve “System.Void Android.Runtime.ResourceDesignerAttribute::.ctor(System.String)”

judsonabrahamjudsonabraham USMember ✭✭

Using Xcode 8.1 with visual studio 2017 community and Xamarin.iOS Version: 11.12.0.4. I'm connecting windows to Mac.I am getting this error when trying to compile my project:

Failed to resolve "System.Void Android.Runtime.ResourceDesignerAttribute::.ctor(System.String)" reference from "Mono.Android, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=84e04ff9cfb79065"
This error started appearing when I set 'Link Framework SDKs only' in Project Options->Build->iOS Build->Linker Behavior -> Link Framework SDKs only. Before I set it as "Don't Link" but it was showing error

This version of Xamarin.iOS requires the iOS 9.3 SDK (shipped with Xcode 7.3) when the managed linker is disabled. Either upgrade Xcode, or enable the managed linker.
so I followed this https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/64801/after-upgrading-xamarin-to-version-4-1-0-313-getting-error-while-building-ios-project-in-vs2015 . So they suggested me to upgrade the X code which I don't want to do.And the next option was to set 'Link Framework SDKs only' for which I got this error

Failed to resolve "System.Void Android.Runtime.ResourceDesignerAttribute::.ctor(System.String)" reference from "Mono.Android, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=84e04ff9cfb79065"
How can I solve it?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers