Always show spinner Scrollbar in dialog mode

PhinehasPhinehas Member ✭✭
edited June 2018 in Xamarin.Android

Hi,

I have a long list and would like to show as dropdownlist for user to select. Therefore, I use spinner to show the list. However, I find that I fail to set the scrollbar always visible. Even I set the fadeScrollbars to false and delay 600000 before fade out scrollbars, it also auto fade out within 5s.

android:fadeScrollbars="false" android:scrollIndicators="right" android:scrollbarAlwaysDrawVerticalTrack="true" android:scrollbarDefaultDelayBeforeFade="600000" android:scrollbars="vertical" android:spinnerMode="dialog"

If I try to set the mPopup field, it throws null when getting the spinner.
try { Java.Lang.Reflect.Field mPopup = ddlDescList.Class.GetDeclaredField("mPopup"); mPopup.Accessible = true; ((ListPopupWindow)mPopup.Get(ddlDescList)).ListView.ScrollbarFadingEnabled = false; } catch (Exception ex) { }
Is there any method to force the scrollbar always visible for user?

Thanks
Phc

Answers

• MizanurRahman.0834MizanurRahman.0834 USMember ✭✭

Scroll bar should appears automatically. If it does not enabled then you can use following lines of code

android:fadeScrollbars="false"
    android:scrollbarAlwaysDrawVerticalTrack="true"
    android:scrollbarFadeDuration="50000"

android:scrollbarSize="4dp"

!--Either you can use Scroll Bar Color or not-->
    android:scrollbarThumbVertical="@color/colorPrimary"

Hope it will help.

• PhinehasPhinehas Member ✭✭

I'm using Android Emulator to test the spinner dialog mode.
    But the setting does not work. The scrollbar still disappear after several second. And the scrollbarSize also does not work.

• PhinehasPhinehas Member ✭✭

I'm using Android Emulator to test the spinner dialog mode.
    But the setting does not work. The scrollbar still disappear after several second. And the scrollbarSize also does not work.