Which is the better method to run a fast Android Emulator into Win10 Parallels Virtual Machine?

biaparbiapar ITMember ✭✭✭

Which is the better method to run a fast Google Android Emulator into Win10 Parallels Virtual Machine?

Thank you.

• PierceBogganPierceBoggan USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

I would always recommend using the Android emulator from Google with hardware acceleration. This is going to give you a fast emulator that always supports the latest APIs and works with Google Play Services out of the box.

Depending on your machine configuration, you can go with either Intel HAXM or Hyper-V to provide acceleration to your emulator:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/android/get-started/installation/android-emulator/hardware-acceleration?tabs=vswin

If either option potentially works for you, then I would recommend sticking with Intel HAXM for the time being, as the Hyper-V support is currently in preview.

• biaparbiapar ITMember ✭✭✭

Thanks for your reply.
    Yes, I know that Google emulators are better but the HAXM is not usable :'( into a virtual machine like Parallels.

• PierceBogganPierceBoggan USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

If you're working on a Mac, I recommend starting the Android emulator on the Mac, then connect to that in Visual Studio in Parallels (adb connect IP_ADDRESS). It's by far the fastest way to work.