How to share my xamarin forms project with client without exposing my source codes

FolayemiBelloFolayemiBello USMember ✭✭

I'm working on a xamarin forms (PCL) project (A basic customer care chat app which is meant to run on Android and iOS only) that has just two xaml pages, custom renderers and few dependencies. This project is meant to be implemented into another existing project (which I don't have access to its source code) such that an action would be binded to a button on the existing app to show a page on my own project.

There is need for me to share my chat project with my client's developer but without exposing my source codes, perhaps compiling to dll or nuget package(this might be what I need but I have no idea on how to get started) that would be added to the existing project to access my project's functions and pages. I have searched through the forum but can't seem to lay my hands on a solution.

Is this possible at all? If yes, what am I missing? If no, is there any better option to use?

Please do note that I have the chat project done already. (Perhaps there's a way I could convert the existing project directly to nuget package)

Thanks in anticipation!

Best Answer

• FolayemiBelloFolayemiBello US ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Thanks for your response @kentucker, I seem to have found a way around it by setting visual studio to build a Nuget package for each platform on build

Answers