Cannot install the IPA file on the device

NickRenzhiglovNickRenzhiglov ✭✭CAMember ✭✭

Hi there
What can be a reason that I cannot install the IPA file on one device and can on another?
The device that works Ok is the iPad version 9.3.5, and the "problem" device is the iPhone version 11.1.2.
Where to look into?
Thanks.

Tagged:

• sonny_ppgsonny_ppg ✭✭ USMember, University ✭✭

@NickRenzhiglov iOS 11 only supports 64 bit apps here is a link (https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/platform_features/introduction-to-ios11/updating-your-app/) to some things you might want to check if you haven't already.

• NickRenzhiglovNickRenzhiglov ✭✭ CAMember ✭✭

Hi sonny_ppg
    In my iOS Build settings | Advanced | Supported architectures I have ARMv7+ARM64. Does it mean that I build iOS 11 -worthy app?
    Could you post a link on how to configure my environment to build iOS 11-worthy IPA?
    Thanks.

• SanjayTejaniSanjayTejani ✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭

@NickRenzhiglov

If you don't have Apple Team then you must have to create Xcode project with same bundle Id which you have created in Xamarin iOS like "com.project.demo1", after created Xcode project you have to run application and give permission that bundle Id and run your Xamarin iOS project it will work.

Actually, I use Visual Studio 2015 only. My Apple machine is to build and copy IPA to there. I never used XCode.
    What can I do using VS only?

One more thing: I can install the s/w to the iOS 11 device from the App store. It works. How is it possible in the light of that 64-bit stuff?

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger Xamurai USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

@NickRenzhiglov

Does the provisioning profile you are using include both device IDs?

• SanjayTejaniSanjayTejani ✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭

I agree with @JGoldberger please create provisioning profile if you don't have then you have to create.

It has several devices I use for development. Once IPA obtained, I connect another device and use iTune to install the IPA to it. And with device the problem comes.
    That "another" device is not registered with my provisioning profile, of course. I think it should not be. I do the IPA placement to it, kind of in-house publishing, why it should?
    Thoughts?

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger Xamurai USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

To do in-house publishing to devices where you do not register all of the devices, you will need to join a special Apple developer program called the Enterprise program. Without that, Adhoc distribution is limited to 100 devices all of which must be registered and included in the provisioning profile your app is signed with.

• RuteGuerreiroRuteGuerreiro ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

I cannot install an IPA file either...
    I created an Ad-Hoc provisioning profile with 5 devices, rebuild my cross platform solution on VS2017 with:

• Ad Hoc and iPhone configuration
    • SDK version 10.3 (xcode 8.3.3)
    • Deployment Target 8.1 (minimum IOS version)
    • Link Framework SDKs Only
    • ARM64 architecture

Everything went well and I got my IPA file. When I distributed IPA file to the devices on my provisioning profile, it says the app can't be installed please try again later and app icon gets dark...
    I already checked device's UDIDs and they are right. The devices are iphone 5s, 6, 7 and 8 with IOS 11.2.
    Any help would be apreciated.

Thank you.

• PassionateCreativePassionateCreative ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

@RuteGuerreiro said:
    I created an Ad-Hoc provisioning profile with 5 devices, rebuild my cross platform solution on VS2017 with:

• ARM64 architecture

Everything went well and I got my IPA file. When I distributed IPA file to the devices on my provisioning profile, it says the app can't be installed please try again later and app icon gets dark...
    I already checked device's UDIDs and they are right. The devices are iphone 5s, 6, 7 and 8 with IOS 11.2.

Thank you.

I am facing same issue, Did you fix it?
    Please help me to fix, Thanks.

• RuteGuerreiroRuteGuerreiro ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

@PassionateCreative said:

@RuteGuerreiro said:

• ARM64 architecture

Thank you.

I am facing same issue, Did you fix it?
    Please help me to fix, Thanks.

What I had to do was to put the complete App ID inside Entitlements.plist because I was using Keychain Access Groups, so I had to put inside Entitlements.plist the following:

<dict> <key>keychain-access-groups</key> <array> <string>App ID</string> </array> </dict>
    Where App ID is the complete App ID that appears on your provisioning profile.
    What I mean with complete App ID is that you have to include the prefix, like CVXB99999Z.com.company.yourapp
    I hope this will help you!