New Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS Project Templates

JimmyGarridoJimmyGarrido USXamarin Team Xamurai

We just published a blog detailing our new Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS project templates in Visual Studio 2017 version 15.7. Read the post here and post any questions or comments below.

• crawfordnetcrawfordnet Member ✭✭

Does this update include the template items missing from Visual Studio for Mac? Does anything with this update apply to Visual Studio for Mac?

I'm far more interested in updates to Visual Studio for Mac as it is severely lacking when compared to Visual Studio for Windows, and that's a very sad situation indeed.

Thanks,

Charlie

• EasyEddyEasyEddy USMember ✭✭

I join Charlie.

• JimmyGarridoJimmyGarrido USXamarin Team Xamurai

@crawfordnet @EasyEddy

The template updates mentioned in the post are not in Visual Studio for Mac right now. However we made changes to templates on the backend, such as migrating over to the new .NET template engine, with the goal of making it easier to share them across both IDEs and keep the experience consistent so this is something we will have in the near future.

I'm also interested to hear which item templates are missing on Mac and about any item templates you wish we had as this is an area we are looking at continuing to improve so your feedback would be very helpful!

• AngelCalvasAngelCalvas ECUniversity ✭✭

Are the new MasterDetail templates avaialable also for Xamarin.Forms?

• RamprasadKRamprasadK USMember ✭✭

Hi @JimmyGarrido ,

Please post the GitHub links to know more about this.

Thank You.

• learningMobilelearningMobile USMember ✭✭

Hi,What about xamarin forms templates ,if you write cross platform applications you will hardly ever use those template.

• JimmyGarridoJimmyGarrido USXamarin Team Xamurai

@AngelCalvas @developer9969developer
    We updated the Xamarin.Forms templates recently in Visual Studio 2017 version 15.5 so for this new release we focused mostly on the native platform templates. But we do want to expand our Xamarin.Forms template options so let me know any feedback on what you would like to see!

@RamprasadK Unfortunately our templates are not available publicly on GitHub right now, however a lot of the work we've been doing has been to set up out templates to be more easier to maintain and get them integrated in the IDEs. So once they are in a more mature state we are definitely open to the possibility of open sourcing them!

• DamionGansDamionGans Member
    Will also WPF be included in the template options?