Google Play Services error after updating to latest SDK

wallymwallym USInsider, Beta ✭✭✭

I am getting the following error after updating to the most recent SDK (19, I think). Error message: "google play services out of date requires 40305000 but found 3266134" I pulled this from monitor/ddms. I am assuming that this error is being created because the application is being compiled on my system with the latest google play services and latest sdk. I had to add this line to my AndroidManifest.xml file within my application section:

I am going to assume that the android:value attribute will default to the latest version installed on the system performing the compilation. I need to set this to be the base version of google play that comes with Android 4.0. Am I correct in my thinking that the android version is the problem? Is there a listing of google play services versions somewhere? Any additional thoughts on this? All ideas are appreciated.

Wally

• wallymwallym USInsider, Beta ✭✭✭

I found some more info on the subject: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=61675

• DavidScharfDavidScharf USMember

It seems that this is resolved now, but there is a new Google Play Services Revision 13 which seems unsupported by Xamarin at the moment. Is there an update planned for this shortly? Or is there any way to get at a version of the google play services rev. 12?

• TomOpgenorthTomOpgenorth CAXamarin Team Xamurai

@DavidScharf, You can download Google Play Services rev 12 from this URL:

https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/google_play_services_3265130_r12.zip

To downgrade from rev 13 to rev 12, go to the directory $ANDROID_HOME/extras/google directory, and remove the existing google_play_services directories. You might want to back them up. Then unzip the file you downloaded above. You'll have to rename the folder from google-play-services to google_play_services.

Great thanks, that's what I was looking for, I'll use that. But is there a rev 13 Binding to come soon?

Just in case anybody is reading and following this. I got an out of memory exception while compiling. The answer is to start Xamarin Studio from the Console after running this line:

export _JAVA_OPTIONS="-Xmx1g"

• TomOpgenorthTomOpgenorth CAXamarin Team Xamurai

@DavidScharf: I don't know when the rev 13 binding will show up in Components.

Ok thanks for getting back to me about this. Using v12 is working fine for me for now.

• wallymwallym USInsider, Beta ✭✭✭

I forgot that I had posted about this. This specific issue resolved itself. I received an update on my Nexus 7 regarding a map update while I was out of the office. I was back in my office this week, and boom, my mapping code is working.

Obviously, I can't speak to the versions of google play services in the component store.