Getting GPS coordinates without GeolocatorPlugin

mreminmremin Member ✭✭

Hi all!
Is there a way to get GPS coordinates without GeolocatorPlugin?
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• JoeMankeJoeManke USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

By writing your own version of the Geolocator plugin.

• mreminmremin Member ✭✭

@JoeManke said:
    By writing your own version of the Geolocator plugin.

Good answer :)) what about another ways?

• mreminmremin Member ✭✭

@ClintStLaurent said:
    No. You need a platform-level implementation at some point. On Android you have to get the Listener for the location, monitor it, subscribe to its changes... then raise your own events to listen for at the shared code level etc. Then write your own for iOS. Then write your own for UWP.

Or you can use the implementation that someone with more experience already wrote for you.

Thank you, understood.

• Liêm_NguyễnLiêm_Nguyễn USMember ✭✭✭✭

Why you don't use GeolocatorPlugin.
    If you create your own platform implement it's the same like you create GeolocatorPlugin again!

• mreminmremin Member ✭✭

@Liêm_Nguyễn said:
    Why you don't use GeolocatorPlugin.
    If you create your own platform implement it's the same like you create GeolocatorPlugin again!

I tried to use GeolocatorPlugin, but it is incompatible with last version of Xamarin.Forms, i got a lot or errors during app building.

• Liêm_NguyễnLiêm_Nguyễn USMember ✭✭✭✭
    > @mremin said:
    > @Liêm_Nguyễn said:
    > Why you don't use GeolocatorPlugin.
    > If you create your own platform implement it's the same like you create GeolocatorPlugin again!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I tried to use GeolocatorPlugin, but it is incompatible with last version of Xamarin.Forms, i got a lot or errors during app building.

Reports it to Creator to fix it!
  • mreminmremin Member ✭✭

@Liêm_Nguyễn said:
    > @mremin said:
    > @Liêm_Nguyễn said:
    > Why you don't use GeolocatorPlugin.
    > If you create your own platform implement it's the same like you create GeolocatorPlugin again!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I tried to use GeolocatorPlugin, but it is incompatible with last version of Xamarin.Forms, i got a lot or errors during app building.

Reports it to Creator to fix it!

Thanks for your advice, i will!