How do I update the Apple ID that Visual Studio Mac tries to use for automatic provisioning?

EasyGoingPatEasyGoingPat ✭✭✭GBMember ✭✭✭

Automatic provisioning on my installation of Visual Studio Mac is failing with the message: Automatic Provisioning failed: Invalid username and password combination.

I recently had to change my Apple ID, and I suspect Visual Studio may be using the old one. How do I get Visual Studio to use my new password?

(This seems to be a recurring theme with this whole provisioning process. It tells you very specifically what is wrong but does not tell you where to go to begin fixing it. I've been trying for two days just to get a new blank application to deploy to the iPhone6 sitting on my desk. I'm losing the will to live. If anyone can point me at a how-to for this that bears any resemblance to the current state of the UI, I would be eternally grateful.)

Kind wishes ~ Patrick

Best Answer

• Dmitry_UpovalovDmitry_Upovalov ✭✭ RU ✭✭
    edited May 2018 Accepted Answer

Can you start from reviewing your Keychain Access in order to find any obsolete credentials?
    AFAIR, the VS credentials have [[email protected]] pattern. Remove obsolete credentials and try again.
    Note: it should also be possible to update a password directly from a Keychain Access record's details view (it may help if only password has been changed for your account).

Another way to check: VS4M->Preferences->Apple Developer Accounts (revise all the accounts you have add, try to re-add proper account).

Answers

• Dmitry_UpovalovDmitry_Upovalov ✭✭ RUMember ✭✭
    edited May 2018 Accepted Answer

Can you start from reviewing your Keychain Access in order to find any obsolete credentials?
    AFAIR, the VS credentials have [[email protected]] pattern. Remove obsolete credentials and try again.
    Note: it should also be possible to update a password directly from a Keychain Access record's details view (it may help if only password has been changed for your account).

Another way to check: VS4M->Preferences->Apple Developer Accounts (revise all the accounts you have add, try to re-add proper account).