UITest :: How to Tap over an specific word inside a paragraph?

Hi everyone!

I need help with a test that I'm writing for upload it into Test Cloud.

Do you know if there is a way to detect a specific word coordinates? I mean, the developer team has merged a URL inside a paragraph, and I need to Tap over the URL, like for example, the paragraph is "...hello to everybody, from my new workstation...", and the URL is embedded only in "everybody" word, so I need to Tap over that specific word in order to go to that URL.

• Is this possible to do?
  • Is there any workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• sebastian.ferrarisebastian.ferrari US ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi @deborahdcarlo thanks for your help, but is not the same scenario. My problem is that is difficult to do a tap just only over a link embedded in a text paragraph. I did a workaround of it, using two for loops, and tapping each 30~50 points, until find this link. I didn't find other solution. Have a nice day.

Answers

• deborahdcarlodeborahdcarlo Member ✭✭

Have you tried scrolldownto(c=>c.Marked("everybody")) then just use the tap?
    The problem that I see on that is with same words on the text, is that the case?

• sebastian.ferrarisebastian.ferrari USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi @deborahdcarlo thanks for your help, but is not the same scenario. My problem is that is difficult to do a tap just only over a link embedded in a text paragraph. I did a workaround of it, using two for loops, and tapping each 30~50 points, until find this link. I didn't find other solution. Have a nice day.