Forum Xamarin.iOS

App icon not showing

sumitmishrasumitmishra Member ✭✭✭

On Xamarin.IOS i am trying to deploy an App to the app store and mobile device, but whatever i do, the AppIcon does not get deployed, neither in Debug, nor in Release mode. I tried hardcoding the Icon - Files in the Info.Plist. I also tried the normal way using Image assets, i checked all the sizes again, i even tried building the Info.plist and the image asset folder in Xcode and import it, but whatever i do, the app icon doesn't appear to be present in the app bundle. Build action is set to ImageAsset. Apple TestFlight every time reject my ipa. I have read many article on internet and try to fix but issues remain the same.

• sumitmishrasumitmishra Member ✭✭✭

Hi,

We have developed a xamarin.ios native app in IOS 11.1 with Xcode 9.3 using visual studio for Mac. We have set an Icon Name for app in info.plist and set Image path from the respective app icon folder in assets.xcassets folder and compile and upload to Apple TestFlight store for review. Apple were email to us with some issue with icon like
    “Please correct the following issues, then upload again. Missing Info.plist value - A value for the Info.plist key 'CFBundleIconName' is missing in the bundle ‘xxx’. Apps built with iOS 11 or later SDK must supply app icons in an asset catalog and must also provide a value for this Info.plist key”

We have checked our code and assets property list and put all the thing in scratch and upload again but we got agin the same issues for apple team. We also deploy the app to our mobile device and check but app icon were missing.
    Then we have change the app icon assets to “Bundle icon files” and put all required image name in array and build again and upload to apple store but apple team saying the same issues regarding app icon that we write in above. But this time we deploy the app to our mobile device app icon is present but why apple team reject with the same issues?

Any ideas how I can get my app icon to show ?
    Please guide..

• Jul14nJul14n Member ✭✭

Im hopping in here since I have the same issue. If anyone replies with a solution/advice.