Updating VS2017 caused some property in XAML error with error code XLS0431

Be1conBe1con Member ✭✭

Hi guys,

I use Xamarin.Forms for around 4 months now, and it is really great for me.

However, when I updated Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise on my laptop to the latest version (15.7) and open my exact same project that has no error whatsoever, I got errors in some object properties (including BackgroundColor, BorderColor, and FontSize). All of these has only one error, XLS0431. Although, I do not upgrade my project to Xamarin 3.0, yet (I still use Xamarin 2.5.1.444934 with the PCL and .NET Standard 2.0).

I binged and googled, I cannot find solution for this error (maybe it quite new one) and I still figure out why it has this kind of problem. If you guys figure it out, feel free to live the comment here.

Thanks!

• Be1conBe1con Member ✭✭

Update: When I updated the project to Xamarin.Forms 3.0, all of these problem fixed. I don't know why.

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

Clean the solution.
    Close Visual studio
    In Windows Explorer manually delete all the BIN and OBJ directories for all the projects
    Reopen the solution.
    One at a time - BUILD (NOT REBUILD) each project by itself; not the entire solution.
    Then REBUILD Solution.

That process generally resolves all build issues that can't be explained by actual errors in your code. Its just the solution file getting confused when you update the Xamarin plugin, or Nuget packages.

• Be1conBe1con Member ✭✭

Thank> @ClintStLaurent said:

Clean the solution.
    Close Visual studio
    In Windows Explorer manually delete all the BIN and OBJ directories for all the projects
    Reopen the solution.
    One at a time - BUILD (NOT REBUILD) each project by itself; not the entire solution.
    Then REBUILD Solution.

That process generally resolves all build issues that can't be explained by actual errors in your code. Its just the solution file getting confused when you update the Xamarin plugin, or Nuget packages.

Thanks for your solution, I decided with my teammate to updated to XF3.0 and all of these problem were solved. :smile:

• Be1conBe1con Member ✭✭

@ClintStLaurent said:
    Clean the solution.
    Close Visual studio
    Reopen the solution.
    Then REBUILD Solution.

Thanks! I just updated my project to XF3.0, and it is solved. Only thing I did after that is to close and open VS again. :smiley: