Apple Store in Austin, TX?

BrainloopBrainloopBrainloopBrainloop DEBeta, University ✭✭
edited February 2014 in Community

Hi,
does anybody know if there is an Apple Store in Austin (TX)?
When I go to Evolve 2013, I need to buy a Macbook Air before and I'd like to buy it in the US b/c it saves me a lot of money. Do you know if they have the Macbook Air 13" w/ 4GB and 128GB SSD in stock?

Best,

René

• NicWiseNicWise NZMember, Insider, Beta mod

I need to do the same. I need to get a top-end rMBP while I'm there, "for my wife" (she'll have mine).

13" MBA with 4GB and 128GB is the low end one, and they usually have stock. I might call them a day or 2 before for mine (rMBP, 2.6ghz, 512GB / 16GB). I can't buy online sadly... they dont take UK CC's for it (they do instore tho!)

Google maps says there is one close to the hotel:

450 West 2nd Street
    Austin, TX 78701, United States
    (512) 476-7000

But Apple itself DOESNT say it's there. There are 2 not too far, so maybe we could go together (I get in on friday night) on saturday, share a cab?

http://www.apple.com/retail/

search for 78701 as the zipcode. The nearest one is about 6 miles away (10 mins in a cab)

Actually, I just worked out that it's £200 difference (US vrs UK - UK is more) and it'd take 2 weeks to build the one I want. So... I'll be getting it here.

But I'll come for a taxi ride with you - I always need more iTunes gift vouchers :)

• BrainloopBrainloopBrainloopBrainloop DEBeta, University ✭✭

I'll arrive in the evening of the 13th (Saturday). If it's still open, I'd be happy to share a cab, but it could be too late. I think they're open until 10pm and my plane lands 8:50pm. I have five hours to spend in Atlanta before going to Austin. Maybe I can get one at Atlanta airport?

@krumelur possibly, but I wouldn't hold your breath. However, it IS a model which is fairly common, so if they have a MBA at all, they should have that one.

I just ordered the rMBP here - no point in messing around :)

• adamkempadamkemp USInsider, Developer Group Leader mod

Google maps says there is one close to the hotel:

>

450 West 2nd Street Austin, TX 78701, United States (512) 476-7000

Odd. It doesn't say that for me. I live in Austin and am pretty sure that store does not exist. There is one at Barton Creek Square Mall (north) and one at The Domain (south).

@adamkemp yeah I think this might be a dealer, or old data. Who says google's data is so accurate! :)

Whats the taxi situation like in downtime austin? Easy to find?

• GlennWilsonGlennWilson USUniversity ✭✭
    edited January 2013

@Krumelur BestBuy might be another possibility for you. Macbook Air 13" w/ 4GB and 128GB SSD is currently $999 (on sale) and they have stores in Austin.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=4775291&type=product&id=1218524519689

• adamkempadamkemp USInsider, Developer Group Leader mod

I've never taken a taxi in Austin so I'm not sure. Sorry.

• JasonAwbreyJasonAwbrey USInsider, University, Developer Group Leader mod

I'll be driving in, I'd be willing to chauffeur a trip to the store one evening

• BrainloopBrainloopBrainloopBrainloop DEBeta, University ✭✭

Thanks. Meanwhile I called the "iTravel" store at Atlanta airport where I'll have a 5h stop. They have MBAs on stock. I'll call them again before I go there to ensure they have one ready for me. If that doesn't work out, I might come back to your offer for a ride.