how to hit api in xamarin cross platform

Prakash7Prakash7 Member ✭✭

Hi all,
I have created a mobile application with .net standard. Right now I wanted to use soap web service for consuming and retrieving results. But for some reason I could not find add web references in common code. So what I did was I have created a web application and added it to existing project. Right now I need to hit the apis that I created in web application which is in different namespace. I could not find a way to do it.Please see highlighted portions in the picture attached.

Is there a way to do it?. Please let me know. Thanks

• kentuckerkentucker USMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

It is a rest service you can call it with postman to get a response from the service. Post the response in QuickType.io and it generate a class for calling the service.

https://quicktype.io/

• Prakash7Prakash7 Member ✭✭

Hi Kentucker,
    Thank you for helping me out. What I have thought earlier was that my server for web application1 is up and running when I execute the whole project. In contrast, I have I have found that I need to switch to multiple startup projects inorder for the server to get up and running. When I switched settings I could hit the api from the code. So the point which I did not catch earlier was my server is not running when the application to which I imported is running. I found that later on and switched to multiple startup projects in properties and I could hit api. So this error of mine is resolved :). Thank you so much for helping me out.