Suddenly can't debug and up against a deadline

4GDAD4GDAD ✭✭Member ✭✭

I'm running VS 2017 15.6.4. Today I am unable to debug my Xamarin Forms app. I can run the app but the debugger will not start. Looking at the logs I am seeing this error. Any help would be great.

Mono.Debugging.VisualStudio.DebugLauncher|Error|0|Controller.Launch ()
Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.MonoTouchFlavoredProject|Error|0|An error occurred while lauching Application for debugging
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x89710015): Unable to start debugging.

The system cannot find the file specified.

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsDebugger4.LaunchDebugTargets4(UInt32 DebugTargetCount, VsDebugTargetInfo4[] pDebugTargets, VsDebugTargetProcessInfo[] pLaunchResults)
at Mono.Debugging.VisualStudio.DebugLauncher.StartDebugger(SoftDebuggerSession session, StartInfo startInfo) in E:\A_work\84\s\src\Debugging.VisualStudio\DebugLauncher.cs:line 49
at Mono.Debugging.VisualStudio.MonoDebuggerLauncher.StartSession(StartInfo startInfo, SoftDebuggerSession session) in E:\A_work\84\s\src\Debugging.VisualStudio\MonoDebuggerLauncher.cs:line 29
at Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.MonoTouchFlavoredProject.StartDebugging(MonoTouchDevice device, IProgressReport progress, MonoDebuggerLauncher debug_session) in E:\A_work\30\s\src\Core\VisualStudio.IOS\ProjectSystem\MonoTouchFlavoredProject.cs:line 985
at Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.MonoTouchFlavoredProject.<>c__DisplayClass77_0.b__0() in E:\A_work\30\s\src\Core\VisualStudio.IOS\ProjectSystem\MonoTouchFlavoredProject.cs:line 953

• CharwakaCharwaka ✭✭✭✭✭ INMember ✭✭✭✭✭
  • fpetersfpeters Member

Found this answer on an other website which helped me:

Some how Mono Debugging for Visual Studio was diabled ... Tools > Extensions and Updates> Mono Debugging for Visual Studio enable and restart VS solved it

• princepotemkinprincepotemkin ✭✭ Member ✭✭

Yep ...Mono Debugging was disabled ... because like me (!) you foolishly believed Visual Studio when it said 'Mono Debugging is slowing you down - disable this extension to speed things up' and with the Visual Studio Satan whispering in our ears we proceeded to shoot ourselves in the foot

• IvanFranchiIvanFranchi ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

I'm one of the fools! Suddenly everything is so slow, Visual Studio has become almost impossible to use since the last 2 updates. Mono Debugging took almost 10 minutes, it was slowing down for real!

• AhmedOsOAhmedOsO Member

@fpeters said:
    Found this answer on an other website which helped me:

Some how Mono Debugging for Visual Studio was diabled ... Tools > Extensions and Updates> Mono Debugging for Visual Studio enable and restart VS solved it

that worked for me , I've no idea why it got disabled