Can't test restore state on iOS Simulator

MatthewChanMatthewChan CAMember ✭✭

After installing latest versions of Xcode and Xamarin, I am unable to simulate an encode and decode state on the iOS Simulator.
The way that used to work was the following:
Have the app running on the Mac in an iPhone Simulator (running in Debug)
Press the home screen on the simulator. (Encode logic is executed) Press the stop button in Visual Studio running the code on my PC.
Press the play button on Visual Studio. (The simulator would pick up from where I pressed the home screen and perform the Decode logic)

Now what happens, when i press the stop button and try to relaunch the app, I get the Launch Failed exception
Launch failed. The app 'MyApp' could not be launched on 'iPhone 5s iOS 10.0'. Error: error HE0046: Failed to install the app 'com.me' on the device .. : No such file or directory.
I have to uninstall the app on the simulator and then re run the app if I want to launch the app again.

How do i get this to work like it did before?
I was using Xcode 8.0 with Xamarin iOS 10.0.1.10 and Xamarin VS 4.2.0.703
Now using Xcode 8.3 with Xamarin iOS 10.8.0.174 and Xamarin VS 4.4.0.34

• MatthewChanMatthewChan CAMember ✭✭

I found a remedy for this. I restarted the simulator (close and let VS launch the simulator), deleted the bin outputs. Maybe I was in a weird state after the upgrade. Anyways, problem is fixed for me.

• MarcoMacedoMarcoMacedo BRMember ✭✭

Same problem here.. =(

@MatthewChan said:
    I found a remedy for this. I restarted the simulator (close and let VS launch the simulator), deleted the bin outputs. Maybe I was in a weird state after the upgrade. Anyways, problem is fixed for me.

Didnt work for me