Anyone using Cloud Firestore yet ?

StephenHauckStephenHauck USMember ✭✭✭

The title says it all, I see examples for Android and iOS with native tools but nothing so far for Xamarin.
Thanks in advance for any information you have to share.

• CodeGrueCodeGrue USMember ✭✭

I might play around with it. I wish the Firebase Xamarin libraries were more "supported." Have you had any luck?

• CharlesACharlesA USMember
    edited December 2017

I see the Xamarin Firebase APIs getting some attention... can't find any release notes or documentation though. Perhaps the main contributor can enlighten us?

@OldRedth

• CharlesACharlesA USMember
    edited January 2018

Looks like Google is developing a .NET API for Firestore at the GoogleCloudPlatform github. (GoogleCloudPlatform/google-cloud-dotnet)

• DanielBenedyktDanielBenedykt UYMember ✭✭

I am starting to use the Firestore library provided by Google: GoogleCloudPlatform/google-cloud-dotnet

The problem I am having is setting the credentials.

I need to set the following environment variable: GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS

But I can't find an example for Xamarin on how to do that.

has anyone managed to work with this library ?

• DanielBenedyktDanielBenedykt UYMember ✭✭

never mind, for now the Google Library doesn't work on Xamarin

for reference: https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/google-cloud-dotnet/issues/851

• ZaneCampbellZaneCampbell USMember ✭✭

Interested in this as well.

• SwissSwiss Member ✭✭

@CodeGrue said:
    I might play around with it. I wish the Firebase Xamarin libraries were more "supported." Have you had any luck?

I've been using firebase anonymous auth to get tokens to verify my users with my backend without a problem. Unfortunately that's the extent of my firebase use