How to create a xamarin forms plugins from scratch with vs2017 1.5.5 and .net Standard, c#

Hi,

I did find some exemples on github, like "connectivity" or "compass", I did find to an old template, but nothing up to date, it's not working with vs2017

This exemples were created as library, and there is no more template to create the kind of solution in xamarin forms, c#.

How to organise the code between the .net standard project and each specific (in my case Android, UWP and IOS) projects ?

How to build a working nuget package.

I tried to mimic this previous examples, but without success.

Is there a guideline ?

Any help please.

Regards

Steeve

• SheemuSheemu USMember ✭✭

@SteeveDess if you have find any sample of compass plugin please share with me.

• SteeveDessSteeveDess Member ✭✭

HI @Sheemu,

I finaly find a way by myself to create a plugins from scratch in xamarin, .net standard library.

I took notes about how to make it, unfortunately, I didn't had the time to translate it from my original French language.

I didn't use the compass, no need of it, but in my memory, the code for each platform woasn't so complicate and could be made from scratch. just look after "xamarin plugins compass", on github, you will find it.

If you want my french doc, I can send it to you. I will look to post it on a blog, but I'm not used to do it, so I don't actually know where to post it ... for it to be read and useful :)

Regards,

Steeve

• SheemuSheemu USMember ✭✭

Thanks @SteeveDess for your pleasure help you can share me your french doc on my email : [email protected]

• RussellFustinoRussellFustino USUniversity ✭✭
    Any updates here?