Xamarin for OSX too buggy to use yet?

Jman00zJman00z Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in General

Is the OSX version super brand new? I've tried to open and run several default projects (hello world - template projects ) for ios, android, and multi-platform. out-of-the-box neither the ios or android ones will run. I get errors saying "'Resource.Layout' does not contain a definition for 'Main'". I didn't touch the projects. Just open, build, run.

Not knowing what I'm doing at all, I've tried various tutorials from the xamarin or MS website. The MS ones mostly assume Im running Windows10, so the projects won't compile.

I've spent the better part of 2 days fiddling with this and I'm about to give up on it. Kind of feel that if the devs can't get their own sample projects to work right, I have zero hope.

Has anyone else had a similar xp with this? If so, are there any good references or tutorials? It seems information on Xamarin is pretty sparse in general and mostly non-existant for the mac version.

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short answer - no. I and my colleagues used it all day every day. In fact my experience is that it is more efficient and stable than Windows.

Unfortunately some people do have real difficulties getting it working initially due to quirky installation vagiaries.

Hopefully someone here or on Stack Overflow (worth posting there) will be able to help.