How do I uninstall a Xamarin component, in VS for Mac?

dlpopescuCAdlpopescuCA USMember ✭✭

Before, I would've right clicked on the component, then remove. Now, since the Components folder has been removed, is it enough to remove the reference to that component?

Thanks

Best Answer

• LesterMeeksLesterMeeks US ✭✭
    edited March 2018 Accepted Answer

After removing the references in the project, I closed VS for Mac, and manually searched for "component" in the csproj files, it looked like there was one section that looked like this... and just cut it out manually. Relaunching showed now warning now. I am working on my first build without xamarin.auth so we will see what else I run into.

<ItemGroup>
        <XamarinComponentReference Include="xamarin.auth">
          <Version>1.2.3.1</Version>
          <Visible>False</Visible>
        </XamarinComponentReference>
      </ItemGroup>

Answers

• LesterMeeksLesterMeeks USMember ✭✭

same question. I get a "Time To Upgrade" warning when I launch the project, but I can't see a way to find my components anymore. I removed the references, save and restarted but got the same warning. Whats the official word?

• LesterMeeksLesterMeeks USMember ✭✭
    edited March 2018 Accepted Answer

After removing the references in the project, I closed VS for Mac, and manually searched for "component" in the csproj files, it looked like there was one section that looked like this... and just cut it out manually. Relaunching showed now warning now. I am working on my first build without xamarin.auth so we will see what else I run into.

<ItemGroup>
        <XamarinComponentReference Include="xamarin.auth">
          <Version>1.2.3.1</Version>
          <Visible>False</Visible>
        </XamarinComponentReference>
      </ItemGroup>

• dlpopescuCAdlpopescuCA USMember ✭✭

@LesterMeeks : Nice one, thanks!

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

I have removed all instances of XamarinComponentReference but am still getting the same warning. Any ideas?

The upgrade of VS to 15.6 has been a complete nightmare. This is just one of the issues. I cannot believe that deprecating components was not held over to a major version number change (i.e. to 16.0) rather than being done on a point release.