Build stuck on 'Skipping target "_Sign" because...'

ZsoltSzalayZsoltSzalay USMember ✭✭

Hi,
A lot of times the build process stuck on 'Skipping target "_Sign" because...' and I've to cancel it manually and retry. There is no CPU usage, probably it is waiting for something.

Do you have any idea what this could be and how to avoid that?

Visual Studio Output:
1>Processing: obj\Debug\res\values\styles.xml
1>Skipping target "_AddStaticResources" because all output files are up-to-date with respect to the input files.
1>Skipping target "_CreateAdditionalResourceCache" because it has no outputs.
1>Skipping target "_CreateBaseApk" because all output files are up-to-date with respect to the input files.
1>Skipping target "_CompileJava" because all output files are up-to-date with respect to the input files.
1>Skipping target "_CompileToDalvikWithDx" because all output files are up-to-date with respect to the input files.
1>Skipping target "_BuildApkFastDev" because all output files are up-to-date with respect to the input files.
1>Skipping target "_CopyPackage" because all output files are up-to-date with respect to the input files.
1>Touching "obj\Debug\android_debug_keystore.flag".
1>Skipping target "_Sign" because all output files are up-to-date with respect to the input files.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ZsoltSzalayZsoltSzalay US ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

There is no solution to this. Xamarin is a piece of shit. I hate every moment I have to spend on this fucking shit.

Answers

• JamesHuntJamesHunt USMember

I'm having this same problem. Any solution yet?

• ZsoltSzalayZsoltSzalay USMember ✭✭

Don't use Xamarin at all! I can't tell you how much I hate this creepy shit.

Accepted Answer

There is no solution to this. Xamarin is a piece of shit. I hate every moment I have to spend on this fucking shit.

• rseostarrseostar USUniversity ✭✭
    edited March 2018

@ZsoltSzalay said:

The workaround is to just hit cancel, wait for a moment, and then hit f5 again, you already knew that. Did you submit a bug report on this, or did you just want to bitch?

edited March 2018

"just hit cancel"

The build process of Xamarin is ridiculously slow. ([email protected]/16G RAM/Only SSD). I always have to watch the output window to check if it hangs again, or it does the build. If it hangs, I just "hit cancel" :smile: and I have to wait another ~10 seconds ( :smiley: ) to let the cancellation happen. Ridiculous. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The workaround is to just hit cancel

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
    After 30 seconds, when you think something went wrong, you have to hit cancel and need to wait for another 10 seconds, and have to start the process again. This is the workaround. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Applause!

"Did you submit a bug report on this"

Do you think this is the expected behavior? :smiley: I don't think so... This is a very annoying bug!