Installing CocosSharp.Forms via NuGet leads to Build Errors

ThomasEveringhamThomasEveringham USMember ✭✭
edited June 2017 in Xamarin.Forms

Hi everyone, I just created an empty Xamarin.Forms project (shared code) in Visual Studio 2017. The project built and ran fine (debug x86, UWP, local machine).

I then added the CocosSharp.Forms and CocosSharp NuGet packages for Android, iOS, and UWP.

Now the project does not build (same configuration), with errors:

• Type universe cannot resolve assembly: Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WinRT, Version=1.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
  • Cannot resolve Assembly or Windows Metadata file 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WinRT.dll'

I'm not sure how to interpret this. Does CocosSharp.Forms not support UWP?

Cheers,
Thomas

Versions:
CocosSharp.Forms Android, iOS, UWP v 1.7.1
CocosSharp Android, iOS, UWP v 1.7.1
Xamarin.Forms Android, iOS, UWP v 2.3.3.193

Answers

• AhmedElashkerAhmedElashker USMember ✭✭

I'm having similar issues with CocosSharp on Xamarin Forms.

First of all it doesn't show properly on Xaml preview and every time I have to edit anything in the page UI I have to comment the line where I add the CocosSharp view first so the preview can show.

Another problem is a null pointer exception happens with the following scenario.

• Page is created.
    • Some UI modifications are made (page being rotated)
    • Then adding the CocosSharp view

To avoid the crash I have to add the CocosSharp view right after InitializeComponent(); . If I moved that bit any further down the application will crash without a clear indication that this is the real cause. It already stole a half day's work for me to fix.

• ArlecchinoArlecchino USMember ✭✭

Official CocosSharp does not support UWP!
    There is an unofficial repo from @Andy9FromSpace
    But the part for CocosSharp.Forms for UWP is still missing I think.

• Andy9FromSpaceAndy9FromSpace CHMember ✭✭

Just to clear something up. All my relevant changes about UWP got merged with the main repository (branch develop https://github.com/mono/CocosSharp/tree/develop). So you can also just use that repository. And if ever someone decides to do some work for CocosSharp, you probably will find those updates in that repository and branch.