Visual Studio 2010 - License isn't working

mismaelmismael Member ✭✭

Hello guys.

Is Xamarin working with Visual Studio 2010 yet?

I can't login in my account to unlock de license.
Apparently the license server isn't available.

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

I would never expect it to work on Visual Studio that old. Just ain't gonna happen.

• mismaelmismael Member ✭✭

We were using Visual Studio 2010 to developer some apps for internal use.

edited March 2018

Ok. That doesn't change things. VS2010 is ancient in developer-years. I don't think you can expect modern abilities like cross-platform development on latest devices on software that is approaching a decade old.

FYI and as an example. There is no licensing of Xamarin separately now. Its included with Visual Studio. Part of. Free. Included. No licensing. So that might explain why you can't hit a licensing server for it.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

If you had an old standalone Xamarin license that you were using in the past with Visual Studio 2010 and you have a special scenario where updating to a more recent version of Visual Studio is not currently an option, then you can reach out via a support incident to request an offline license file that matches your old subscription. As a first set of information to include in the request, you can mention the Xamarin version you are using, your Visual Studio 2010 version information, and the email address associated with your old Xamarin license.

The support didn't help me.
    I opened an incident (SR 118032017850407) and the guys suggested upgrade visual studio.
    I asked if they could unlock my Xamarin, but they said that is impossible.
    Usually, is possible to use the software that you bought until the operation system don't allow you to install anymore. But in this case they simple blocked us.

Dude... Its dead. The license server doesn't exist any more... That's how out of date your system is. They aren't going to compile a special version for you that stops looking for the license server.

Update your system.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hmm. Depending on which support group you contacted and how you described the request, they might have misunderstood. I can send you a direct message here on the forums a little later today to request the information I would need to help provide you with an offline license based on your old Xamarin subscription.

@BrendanZagaeski said:
    Hmm. Depending on which support group you contacted and how you described the request, they might have misunderstood. I can send you a direct message here on the forums a little later today to request the information I would need to help provide you with an offline license based on your old Xamarin subscription.

Thank you @BrendanZagaeski