Using Objective Sharpie to bind Cocoapod for ARM and i386

_JamesMundy_JamesMundy GBMember ✭✭
edited November 2015 in Xamarin.iOS

I'm trying to bind the excellent YLProgressBar which is available as a Cocoapod.

Following the instructions here I have the cocoapod downloaded and bound using this command:

$ sharpie pod init ios YLProgressBar && sharpie pod bind

This creates the required library and its bindings but the output only supports armv7 and arm64. I also want to be able to create a library that supports i386 so that I can run it on the simulator - any ideas how I can do this?

I have also run this: $ sharpie xcode -sdks
which tells me I have the following installed but unfortunately none of them have armv7, arm64 & i386.
sdk: appletvos9.0 arch: arm64
sdk: iphoneos9.1 arch: arm64 armv7
sdk: macosx10.11 arch: x86_64 i386
sdk: watchos2.0 arch: armv7

• T_EfingerT_Efinger DEMember
    edited December 2015

@_JamesMundy Did you solve this problem? I'm having exactly the same problem here at the moment.

• _JamesMundy_JamesMundy GBMember ✭✭
    edited December 2015

@T_Efinger hey, unfortunately not but I moved on to using a different library. I did receive this response from the Xamarin team though:

According to the Objective Sharpie team there is not a built in way to do this. Even XCode can only build for one architecture at a time. If you need to run the pod on a simulator, you will have to use xcode (or command line tools) to build the static library for the simulator and then use the lipo tool [1] to make a fat binary with whichever architectures you need.

If you can get the classes for your library downloaded it should be easy enough to make a static library and then follow the usual binding steps: https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/advanced_topics/binding_objective-c/Walkthrough_Binding_objective-c_library/#Creating_a_Fat_Binary

Hopefully they will add support for multiple architectures in the future.

• softlionsoftlion FRBeta ✭✭✭

+1, using objective sharpie is cool, i386 and its x64 counterpart should have been built by objective sharpie !

• tofutimtofutim USUniversity ✭✭

It seems that my .framework only has x86_64 and not i386 for macos

• AlexSAlexS USUniversity ✭✭✭

@Xamarin, have same problem. sharpie pod bind builds only arm7 arm64 architectures.
    sharpie should build fat static library with all needed architectures. That would be really a lifesaver!

• alxbogalxbog RUMember ✭✭

Same thing for us.

• tingtingantingtingan USUniversity ✭✭
    edited September 2017

Same thing for me now. Will we support the i386 architecture in future?

• OnurHazarOnurHazar USUniversity ✭✭✭

Any news? Does objective sharpie support building for i386 arch?