ToDo Example

smoore4momasmoore4moma USMember ✭✭

The ToDo list example for REST does not work out of the box with VS2015? Please fix!

Answers

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017

Ummm... You do realize this is a bunch of volunteers that help the community as peers, right? This is a forum - not a direct line to Xamarin help desk. And issuing orders to others does not ingratiate yourself to anyone.

• smoore4momasmoore4moma USMember ✭✭

Ummm....realize that I have spent the last 8 hours trying to do something very basic like call a REST service using Xamarin. I appreciate their efforts. I do not appreciate your tone. I do expect Hello World examples to work and so should you.

• smoore4momasmoore4moma USMember ✭✭

Sorry @ClintStLaurent . That is mostly frustration talking. I have seen the same thing with a js framework I like (Aurelia). It seems like the devs are so busy doing new functionality and patches that no one takes care of the documentation and QA testing. Still, I would like to know if others can simply download the code and get it working:

https://developer.xamarin.com/samples/xamarin-forms/WebServices/TodoREST/

Maybe it's just me???

• improwiseimprowise Member ✭✭

Fast Forward one year and the problem remains. The Sample on Xamarim.com wont even build in VS2017, the much newer version on GitHub will build at least, but contains multiple problems an Android, the most problematic being the fact that REST does not seem to work. Running as a Windows App though it work.

Must admit we are seeing one problem after another with Xamarin. Being a .NET shop it seemed the obvious choice going forward with cross platform apps but after having evaluated it for a few weeks, we are not so sure any more. Problems just seem to stack up...